by AFI
Explorer

Hi! I would like to ask about roaming agreements with Mexico, Argentina and Peru

In the Company I work for, it is being used the messaging of SMS messages from a system hosted in a global server based in London that uses a SIM card modem to send SMS messages (through contracted Plan with EE UK) to other Company users around the world, some users based in Mexico, Argentina and Peru are not receiving such SMS messages raised from that SIM card modem under the contracted plan with EE UK. I would like to ask if you have roaming agreements with the following Telcon companies:

Mexico: Telcel; AT&T, Movistar

Argentina: Movistar; Personal

Perú: Movistar, Entel, Claro

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi! I would like to ask about roaming agreements with Mexico, Argentina and

Yes, Yes, No.

@AFI wrote:

Mexico: Telcel; AT&T, Movistar

Argentina: Movistar; Personal

Perú: Movistar, Entel, Claro

See Find out more

However it does not matter with whom EE has roaming agreements for users in those countries to receive SMSs on their home networks. They are not roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@XRaySpeX that list is only for 4G agreements. For example you can get AT&T in Mexico, but it is only Voice & SMS

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I know, @sully1311, but it's the nearest I can get.

Anyway it's immaterial as OP's overseas-based users are not roaming, certainly not on EE's watch. So they won't be serviced by their own networks as if they were acting as EE's roaming partners but rather as their own local networks..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by AFI
Explorer

Thank you, we have performed testing by sending SMS messages from the EE UK number +XX XXXX XXXXXX to different Ops Mobile Companies based in Mexico (Telcel, Movistar, AT&T), Argentina (Movistar, Personal), Peru (Movistar, Claro), Chile (Entel) and the unique 100% succesful was Chile through Entel Operator. The rest of the users received some times, could be possible to be the 4G or 3G technology? or SMS signal strenght? What would be the factor with Entel and EE UK - 4G or roaming agreement that would differ from the other Operators? 

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information such as your mobile number in this public forum. Thanks]

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AFI,

I would recommend contacting technical support who can take a look at your account to see what could be causing this issue.

In addition to this, you should contact your IT department so they can rule out an issue with the server/SIM card modem.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.