cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am on holiday in France. How do I enable roaming?

jimboy26
Explorer

I am on holiday in France. How do I enable roaming that will allow me to make calls? I have No Service showing on my iPhone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @jimboy26

Thanks for coming here.

If you're with us on a pay monthly account can you follow the below steps to activate roaming;

If you log into your My EE account online and select Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and Call abroad and premium rate calls.

They will show as ticked if they are set up for you, if not can you activate both settings?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Leanne_T

Morning @jimboy26

Thanks for coming here.

If you're with us on a pay monthly account can you follow the below steps to activate roaming;

If you log into your My EE account online and select Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and Call abroad and premium rate calls.

They will show as ticked if they are set up for you, if not can you activate both settings?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Thank you for all your help.

I have same problem and I still can’t enable roaming in my EE. I have no signal I can’t do nothing please help me

I tried instruction you provided. I can’t tick the roaming on. And also I tried all the ways turn the phone off. Change settings from auto select internet to no or yes. What should I do?

Katie_B

Good Morning @weixun

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where are you at the moment?

Have you followed all instructions provided on the 'EE Roaming - Help when abroad with your EE phone or device' page?

What phone are you using?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Now I’m in Nice, France. I have followed all the instruction, the button on roaming in EE manage device is grey, I can’t do nothing on it.  My phone is iPhone XS Max. Please help me thanks!

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming this @weixun

Are you able to receive calls?

Is data roaming switched on in your phone settings? you can check this by following these steps:

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options

Katie 🙂

Hi, I have no signal no service nothing, so I can’t do anything like call 150 or receive calls. I tried all the ways , turn battery off open roaming close roaming, auto select. So is there any way that you could set up in the back ground?

Christopher_G

Do you have a pay monthly plan or pay as you go plan, @weixun?

Chris