by Medrep1
Explorer

Hi. I am abroad in Spain and I cannot call any numbers thanks

Hi. Can you help please. I cannot call any mobile numbers. Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi. I am abroad in Spain and I cannot call any numbers thanks

@Medrep1 : If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Medrep1

Hope you are having a great time in Spain 🙂

Has the advice from @XRaySpeX got you up and running?

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by Medrep1
Explorer

Hi. Thank you. No unfortunately. I cannot text roaming. I cannot call the numbers they suggest. I have managed to call using WiFi call, but there is no answer from 150 or the mobile number 07953966250. I have text roaming to 150 via WiFi all and the reply says I’m all set up. I’ve checked my settings and all is enabled. But now I’ve managed to accidentally uncheck the box for roaming and cannot re tick it. It says it’ll take 24hrs to activate. I think I am ready to open a beer and forget it all. This happened to me before years ago and I text roaming before I left. 

by Medrep1
Explorer

Ok, so now it appears to be working, I think? I hope I have not messed it up now by accidentally unchecking the roaming option. I am still unclear as to what is going on as this should all be set up. I will leave it for this evening and check again this time tomorrow. Thank you for the replies. KR. David. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Medrep1

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Have a great evening.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.