by gdwales Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else found that EE Phone and Data SIM cards are rubbish in France

Bought a Data SIM to use in mobile WiFi in France, worked in Dover but never worked in France despite a 1 hour phone call toTech Support, phone wasn't much better either very patchy coverage with no signal most of the time on the West coast.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Has anyone else found that EE Phone and Data SIM cards are rubbish in France

@gdwales: Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Has anyone else found that EE Phone and Data SIM cards are rubbish in France

Good Morning @gdwales.

I hope you're having a great time in France 🙂

As @XRaySpeX has mentioned, roaming can be activated in your My EE Account.

If it's already active, or you can't activate it, our customer service team will be able to have a look into this for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by gdwales Investigator
Investigator

SIM was set up by EE shop in a mobile WiFi, a 1 hour call to support could not resolve problem, back home now, expecting a refund. Phone access was also very patchy  down West coast of France, going to look elsewhere in future.

by gdwales Investigator
Investigator

I contacted Customer Support , spent over an hour on the phone to them, escalated to level 2 support, they could not sort it out either, this was card I bought for a mobile WiFi which never worked in France, eventually had to buy a new SIM in France. Back home now expecting refund for EE card. Phone waisn't very good either, very patchy access down West coast.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdwales.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are our Level 2 tech team still investigating this for you even though you're home?

Did you speak to customer services about a refund?

Jon

by gdwales Investigator
Investigator

No Tech team not investigating  as far as I know, told them I would go back to EE store for refund.

Went to EE store this morning but Manager noy in untill tomorrow so going back then to see if I can get it resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.