by Ishy666 Investigator
Investigator

HELP. Can't make calls abroad. Not even to EE for help.

Help, I am in Spain and I get calls and texts at no extra cost on my tarrif. However I am in Spain and when I try call anyone, including EE for help, it just says something like "free orange information. Calls to this number are restricted. Call 470 to activate." 

When I call 470 it's a recorded message about 5 seconds long in Spanish then cuts off. 

I can't seem to access live chat anywhere. A Facebook rep sent me a link that would open a live chat but it doesn't work. I have no other phone to call EE on as my wife's phone won't connect to a network at all!! 

Please help because I am moving house at the minute and need to be in Touch with my solicitors!

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Re: HELP. Can't make calls abroad. Not even to EE for help.

There is also a freephone number for EE Customer Services that you can call free using Skype or another VoIP app, from a computer or your phone via WiFi - it's +44 800 956 6000 .

Other than Skype, Tesco International Calling app is another good option - when you install it on your phone it gives you £1 free credit. 0800 numbers are free from this app as well, and of course it can be used over WiFi.

One of the above options should enable you to ring through to EE over any WiFi connection (hotels, restaurants, etc.), and get your roaming activated.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @Ishy666

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

It sounds like your International bar is still active.

There's a link to live chat on the get in touch page under EE - give this one a try.

The link should work from either a laptop/PC or from a mobile browser.

If the link doesn't work it would need to be a call to customer services, as I'm afraid we don't have account access on the community.

Pop back and let me know how it goes.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Ishy666 Investigator
Investigator

Hello Karen and thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the link doesn't appear for me. It's just blank. I can't call customer services because I get the same message from orange telling me to call 470. Please advise.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ishy666

If the link is not working for yourself, you will have to call customer services using an alternative phone.

Hope this helps,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

There is also a freephone number for EE Customer Services that you can call free using Skype or another VoIP app, from a computer or your phone via WiFi - it's +44 800 956 6000 .

Other than Skype, Tesco International Calling app is another good option - when you install it on your phone it gives you £1 free credit. 0800 numbers are free from this app as well, and of course it can be used over WiFi.

One of the above options should enable you to ring through to EE over any WiFi connection (hotels, restaurants, etc.), and get your roaming activated.

by Ishy666 Investigator
Investigator

You are my hero. Just called through Skype and now I'm all sorted. Thanks so much. 

by
EE Employee

That's great news @Ishy666

Happy to hear it's all now working - have a fab time in Spain! 

Thanks for popping back to let us know.

Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.