by georgedys
Visitor

HELP: Advice Needed Please

Hi, going away to canada for 4 months next week for work, we've all been advised to get the EE 4GEE max plan to be able to use our phones over there, but as I'm there for over 30 days I've been told that EE may just cancel the contract as I'm not in the UK after the 30 days.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Roaming in Canada for 4 Months

@georgedys: It's not 30 days, but you need to be only away for at most 60 days in any 120 day period to benefit from roaming plans. Still not enough for 4 months in Canada, I'm afraid. These plans are intended for UK residents who go abroad for short periods, not extended stays.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: HELP: Advice Needed Please

Yeh, that’s right, if your away for 30 days or more they may suspend your calls.I don’t know if it would help speaking to CS, otherwise you might be better getting a pay as you go for Canada.x

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Roaming in Canada for 4 Months

@georgedys: It's not 30 days, but you need to be only away for at most 60 days in any 120 day period to benefit from roaming plans. Still not enough for 4 months in Canada, I'm afraid. These plans are intended for UK residents who go abroad for short periods, not extended stays.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: HELP: Advice Needed Please

Hi @georgedys

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Please see the below paragraph from our pay monthly terms and conditions:-

EE plans are intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2- week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services. We’ll let you know before we do anything.

Hope this explains clearly for you.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.