by Antony123

Going to Cuba what should I do with my phone?

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Going to Cuba what should I do with my phone?

Hello @Antony123 here is a link containing information on setting up and using your phone abroad. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-using-your-phone-abroad

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on PAYG or contract? If PAYG roaming is auto enabled on your a/c. If on contract, text ROAMING to 150 to check if roaming is enabled & if not, how to get it enabled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you want data, you probably should look at renting a local phone or SIM when you arrive by the looks of it, as EE don't have data roaming in Cuba.

My advice would be to use wifi and make sure you have apps like Skype (for free 0800 calls if needed), whatsapp, facetime, etc for any voice calls you need to make. You could look at a voice add-on as a backup option for emergencies?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Antony123 and welcome to the Community.

We do try to provide coverage whilst in Cuba for calls/texts, although we cannot guarantee this as it is all depending on the local infrastructure.

As @chistery has mentioned data is unavailable whilst roaming with EE.

I would also recommend turning off 4G/3G connectivity and using 2G only.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.