by Ana07 Contributor
Contributor

Going abroad

• Hi,
  • I'm going to Spain and Portugal next month. How can I upgrade to use my phone abroad?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Going abroad

Hi @Ana07

If you get in touch with our customer service team they can make sure this is activated for you.

You can use your allowance in the EU that you have in the UK.

Thanks 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Ana07 upgrading your phone and enabling roaming on your account are two separate services. To clarify do you want to upgrade your phone as well as enable roaming or keep your current phone and just enable roaming? 🙂

by Ana07 Contributor
Contributor

I need a roaming.thanks

by

Hello there @Ana07

Welcome to the community.

Are you with us on pay as you go or contract?

Thanks 🙂

by Ana07 Contributor
Contributor

Yes

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ana07   thats yes to what  CONTRACT OR PAYG ?

by Ana07 Contributor
Contributor

I've got pay as you go contract and I don't want another phone to upgrade just to go on broad tariff for a month. Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ana07  No such thing as a payg contract.  

A contract is you've agreed to pay a set amount each month until the minimum term has been reached.  this will be 12/18 or 24 months

A payg is you top up each month to get an allowance from that top up and your not obliged to pay each month a set fee. 

if your PAYG you can use your allowance from your PACK in the EU, and you dont need to do anything to get this to work abroad as all paygs are go to go abroad.  

by

Hi @Ana07

As @Chris_B has advised on pay as you go you can use the device abroad already.

You can use the allowance within the EU full information can be found here.

Thanks 🙂

by Ana07 Contributor
Contributor

I've got contract and I'm paying monthly direct debit. How can i buy one month roaming to use my phone abroad. Thanks

by
Solution

Hi @Ana07

If you get in touch with our customer service team they can make sure this is activated for you.

You can use your allowance in the EU that you have in the UK.

Thanks 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ana07: As you are on a monthly contract you should text ROAMING to 150 & follow its instructions to ensure roaming is enabled on your a/c. Only PAYG contracts are auto enabled for roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.