by Raven1
Explorer

Going 2 Spain before data roaming starts

Hi I'm going to Spain the day before the new data roaming starts on the 15th. Do you know if the new roaming will kick in while I'm away? Wondering if it's best to buy an add on for the 14th and will then have all my regular allowance to use after or if I would have to purchase an add on for the whole holiday. Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Going 2 Spain before data roaming starts

Hello @Raven1 yes from 15th June you will be able to use your UK allowances in the EU and EEA whether you are in the UK at the time or not. 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
by Raven1
Explorer

Re: 4GEE Max Plans & new EU Regulations: Your questions answered

Hi I've already posted but may get an answer here. I'm off to Spain on the 14th but with being abroad I was wondering will the new data roaming still kick in on the 15th? Just want to know if I need to buy a add on for the whole holiday or just for the 14th. Thank you

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Raven1 yes from 15th June you will be able to use your UK allowances in the EU and EEA whether you are in the UK at the time or not. 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It will be interesting to see what happens on the 15th. It may not kick in till midnight UK time for example, or a bit later on when someone turns up to work and presses the right button on the billing PC.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Raven1 and welcome to the community.

Yes, the EU regulations will automatically kick in on the 15th of June.

Many thanks,

Lee

by icemaster
Visitor

I am on the New Max plan, if I call someone in any of the countries on my plan from the UK. Are those calls included or charged extra. As if I call another country within the plan it is included whilst abroad? Thanks for helping

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@icemaster  If your calling a UK mobile that is abroad it will come from your calling allowance.  If you call a none UK number you’ll be charged.    Your calling allowance is only to Uk numbers 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @icemaster.

As @Chris_B has advised any UK number that is abroad will come out of your allowance.

If you wish to call a Spanish landline or mobile this would be chargeable.

You can add an international calling abroad add-on to make the calls at a reduced rate 🙂

Have a great day!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.