Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Go further data in New Zealand

I bought the Go Further add-on. When I arrived here in New Zealand, I got a confirmation text message saying that I could use the data, calls and texts from my normal plan whilst here.

But the data side of it isn't working. I've got roaming enabled. My EE account says that my 4GB allowance is "waiting". I don't know why or until when.

Any ideas how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Go further data in New Zealand

@PeppermintTea   Just to check you did enable roaming on your. EE account?   This is done by texting ROAMING to 150 or by enabling it from within your online account and this still can be done now.   You’ll also need to enable call abroad and premium rate numbers to call out of New Zealand. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply Chris! Yep I texted roaming to 150 and it said that Roam Anywhere was active.

But when I try and use roaming data it still says that my 4GB allowance if data is waiting...

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PeppermintTea   Have you tried restarting the device? 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Yes I've restarted my phone twice and that hasn't helped

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@PeppermintTea  What happens when you try and use data and go here?

http://neverssl.com 

Do you get redirected to an EE page or nothing?

If nothing and a browser error, have you checked you've enabled data roaming in your phone settings?

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I get redirected to an EE page to buy a data roaming add-on package. That's where I can see my 4GB data allowance which says it's "waiting".

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @PeppermintTea  Thanks. That means that it's not your phone, it's an EE account issue. 

Do you have a spend limit set? There was a problem a while ago where roam further didn't work if you had one set. I think you are best trying to contact EE support to see why the pass isn't working for you. If you have wifi, you can try the live chat option within MyEE?

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I called 150 and they got it sorted eventually! They seemed a bit confused as to why it wasn't working and the first few things they tried didn't help, but then they tried sending my phone a message to update the SIM settings. Then I had to restart my phone again and it's all working now. Thanks for all your replies! I'm off to bed now.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PeppermintTea

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. 

It's great to hear this is now resolved, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions