by JacksonR23 Investigator
Investigator

Go Further add on

I am on holiday in USA and purchased this add on which I was told would allow me to use my phone exactly as in UK without paying the penal charges for sending and receiving calls and texts.

on arrival I received a text confirming this add on, immediately followed by one saying “Hi again” and outlining the penal call charges that I would have to pay for making and receiving calls incl £1.20 per minute for calling the helpline - my only way of finding what the hell is going on!

Has anyone else had this experience or is able to tell me what’s going on

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Go Further add on

@JacksonR23 : Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi thanks for this but before I left I had a long call with EE customer services to set this up and was told I was good to go. I even got a text when I got here telling me it was set up immediately followed by one telling me the charges I would incur for using my phone in spite of having already paid for the add on to avoid this. I would have thought it was a mistake if the text hadn’t said “Hi again” then laid out the rediculous charges.
I now daren't call the helpline to find out as the last text said it’s £1.20 a min to call then so can’t find out what’s going on
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Getting a text about the ROAM FURTHER add-on isn't the same as enabling roaming on your a/c. Have you checked your settings in MyEE as I suggested? They will confirm or otherwise whether you are good to go roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @JacksonR23

Welcome to the community.

Does the Roam Further add on show within your My EE app or My EE online?

If you would like this looked into if you log into your My EE account online a chat option will show for you, they can access your account and check the add-ons 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Thanks Leanne

Sent from my iPhone
by

No problem @JacksonR23

Let me know if this isn't showing for you, we will help you get this looked into.

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Hi leanne

thanks for your help. The package shows in my add ons but I’m not sure I can trust not being charged following the text laying out the charges that came after the one confirming the add on.

I’m going to risk it and refer to Ofcom if any charges are made.

Thanks again for your support

by

Hi there @JacksonR23

Thanks for coming back to me.

Can you access data without a message showing that you need to have a data add-on?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OFCOM don't handle individual complaints. It would just be a matter of a commercial contract.

Investigator

Yes, I haven’t seen a message saying that

Sent from my iPhone
by

Great thanks @JacksonR23

If you can access data without having to purchase a data add-on when not connected to WiFi this does indicate your Roam Further is working for you 🙂

If you would like this checked further and you're a personal pay monthly customer log into your My EE account online and a chat option will show for you.

If you have any questions just let me know 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.