by tambarry Contributor
Contributor

Go Further add on questions.

Hi all

My daughter is heading to australia for 3 months and I'm looking at the Go Further add on as an option while she is away.  https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-and-international/roaming-data-add-ons/go-further

Daft question time...

If using this add on:

- What would she be charge if calling the UK from Australia?

- What would she be charged if texting the UK from Australia?

- Can she use data gifted to her from my account while she is away?

Thanks for any advice!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Go Further add on questions.

@tambarry  if using the go further add on your daughter will not be charged to call the UK and the call time will come from her allowance and so will text messages, you can still gift data to her while she abroad.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@tambarry  if using the go further add on your daughter will not be charged to call the UK and the call time will come from her allowance and so will text messages, you can still gift data to her while she abroad.

by tambarry Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've just been speaking with customer services who confirmed the same.

On the way to Australia she is stopping over in the USA for 5 days so it sounds as if this add on was designed around exactly what she needs!

She isnt going for another 8 weeks but I think I'll get it added on now....... just in case ee decide to change it 🙂

Thanks again!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @tambarry

Glad you got the help you needed from the community.

Hope your daughter has an amazing time in Australia

I am not at all jealous 🙂

Have a great weekend.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Please note if she's going for 3 months she may have trouble with the 'stable links' clause.

by tambarry Contributor
Contributor

While on the phone to customer service I did ask about the length of her trip & the customer advisor advised very clearly that her 3 months away would be fine with regards to the Go Further add on.

It also appears to have been discussed & resolved here:   https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Go-Further-Roaming-Add-On-in-Canada-USA-for-more-than-60-days/...

by tambarry Contributor
Contributor

Hi

While on the phone to customer service I specifically asked about the suitablility of the Go Further add on in respect of the fact that she would be away for 3 months.

The Customer Advisor was very clear that a 3 month trip would not be an issue and that the add on was suitable and would cover her for her entire trip.

This issue also appears to have been discussed and resolved on the below thread:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Go-Further-Roaming-Add-On-in-Canada-USA-for-more-than-60-days/...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tambarry

The Go Further add-on is subject to our stable links policy:

We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if you spend at least half of your time during any 4 month period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use. Where your usage no longer indicates a risk of abusive or anomalous use we will stop charging you the surcharge

Find out more information about stable links on our terms and conditions >

If you feel like you would like to discuss this further or look for an alternative add-on, I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team.

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Christopher_G that policy only mentions Switzerland + EU/EEA countries though and there is no mention what so ever about any country outside the EU, therefore if EE do try and enforce this stable link policy whilst outside the EU, EE wont have a leg to stand on.

If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use. Where your usage no longer indicates a risk of abusive or anomalous use we will stop charging you the surcharge

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G. The other issue with this add on is you have to have it for 6 months but yet you can not use it for the whole 6 months if your abroad because of the stable link policy.  This add on is flawed because of the stable link policy and in effect is a con because you don’t get the full 6 months that is being sold and you have to agree to have and even if you end it before the 6 month your still billed for the 6 months.   This is and I’m sure you’ll find illegal as it a add on that’s purchased and yet EE do not honour the full 6 months because of the stable link policy.   

by tambarry Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Christopher _G

As has been pointed out nowhere on that link you provided does it say that the Go Further add on is subject to the stable links policy.

I have now signed up for the add on on the understanding that it is suitable for my daughters situation and this fact was clearly confirmed by customer services (who you have advised I contact for advice....).

Its obvious from the link I posted previoously that there is a fair amount of confusion within EE about this add on.

I'm happy that I've signed up for it in good faith and if there any any issues towards the end of her trip (which even by the conditions you mention would only affect her last 2 weeks) I'll take EE to task on it.

As @Chris_B says why would there be an add on which ties customers in for a 6 month minimum period which they can only use for less than half that time... it would be bonkers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.