by AshRenno92 Investigator
Investigator

Go Further Roaming / New Zealand

Hi EE Community, 

I was wondering if you could please advise me on the following. 

I am due to move to New Zealand recently, I can upgrade my current contract with EE, and I will be there for at least 6-12 months. I am aware that there is a 'Go Further Roaming' (GFR) add on to allow for data etc, within this, there is a stable link and fair use policy. 

If i select the GFR;

* am I only allowed to use 15GB of data per month in NZ ? regardless of what my contracted data allows ? 

Stable links policy mentions about 4 months duration, if i am out of the UK for at least 6-12 months will this affect my policy within the contact. 

i am aware there are other posts within the EE Community, but i just wanted further clarification and understanding before I leave and if i upgrade or not. 

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards

Ash 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Go Further Roaming / New Zealand

Hi @AshRenno92 

EE pay monthly contracts are designed for use in the UK and have roaming as a benefit. They are not designed for prolonged use abroad, hence the terms and conditions.

To answer your points:

15 GB is the maximum allowance allowed when roaming, as per EE fair use policy, regardless of data you have;

Fair use amount If your domestic data allowance is greater than 15GB, a fair usage policy of 15GB whilst roaming in our Europe will apply (i.e. you can use up to 15GB from your allowance while roaming). Once you’ve used your fair use policy amount when roaming, we will notify you and surcharges will apply to continue using data when roaming in our Europe and Rest of World Zones. The surcharges will last until you exhaust the remainder of your domestic data allowance, return to the UK, or until your next bill date (whichever is earlier). • 1MB £0.0060 Note whilst the charge displayed above is per MB, EE charge on a per KB basis (i.e. 1KB = £0.0000060 or 0.00060p). Whether you have a FUP and subject to the above surcharges after exhausting your fair use amount, or you have a domestic allowance of 15Gb or less and therefore not subject to the fair use amount, if you use all your domestic data allowance when roaming outside the UK you’ll need to buy an out of bundle UK/EU data add-on to continue using data. Details of these data add-ons (and the surcharges mentioned above) can be found in the EE Monthly Plan Terms And Price Guide. So, for example, if your data allowance is 25GB you can use a maximum of 15GB when roaming:

Stable link:

Stable links You must comply with the EE fair use policy which includes you being a permanent resident in, or having a stable link to, the UK. We will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if, during any four-month period, you: • spend a total of two months or more within the UK; or • mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you are roaming. If we reasonably believe there is a breach of this stable links policy, we will monitor this based on the combination of your presence in the UK and usage in the EU/EEA/Switzerland for four months. If, during this four month period, we believe or know that you may have breached the conditions set out above, we will notify you of the breaches and ask you to explain the reasons for this, as well as setting out the type of proof you need to supply to satisfy us that your usage complies with EE’s stable links policy. If you do not contact us within 14 days or we think that your explanation for your usage is unreasonable we may apply a surcharge for all future usage. Surcharges are set out above and we will cease to charge these surcharges when you contact us and either supply the proof requested in our notification or comply with the stable links policy. You may not resell our UK SIM cards to persons not residing in or having stable links to the UK. If you do, we may block the SIM card and roaming services.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

@Northerner 

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate there is a lot of information in it and your time to do it. 

perhaps I’m being stupid or it’s just me, but that states within the European Union. Why would EE offer these go further packages if there is nothing beneficial about them ? 

I would still be registered to live in the UK and paying bills in the UK, would this count as a stable link ?

thank you 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, to have a stable link with UK you need to be in UK for at least 2 months in any 4.

The Roam Further Pass is beneficial to those contract users not on an EE Max Plan to use their EE allowances when visiting the 5 extra specified non-EU countries on holiday for a few weeks, as it is intended.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you @XRaySpeX 

so I am on a 4gee max plan. Will I still only be able to use 15gb data per month and from what you’ve put I will only be able to use my phone for 2-4 months before it’s restricted due to stable links ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes & yes! If you are on an EE Max Plan you don't need to buy the Roam Further Pass as you would already have the same roaming benefits subject to the same Fair Usage & Stable Link rules.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

@XRaySpeX 

thank you 

sorry for all the questions. I just want to fully understand everything and clarify all the points before I go. 

I’m going for work related business, and then coming back to the UK. 
i will ring EE and see if there is anything they can do on my account if I explain to them. Fingers crossed. 

thank you @Northerner for your help too. No doubt if I need to ask anything else I will post it on here. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

EE will have nowt to offer you beyond what I've outlined. Now if you were with the Forces posted overseas it would be different.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.