by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Go Further Roaming Add-On in Canada/USA for more than 60 days

Morning @Grump

Thanks for coming back to us.

As soon as we have further information we will let you all know.

Thanks, Leanne.

by mpark17 Contributor
Contributor

Just spoke to another agent on live chat as I'm still trying to get this confirmed. They said:

I have just confirmed it my manager and would like to inform you that you don't have to come back after 2 months and you will be able to use upto 15 GB of data and 100% of call and text allowances .

I then asked if that means I can stay outside of the UK for the whole 6 month Go Further contract period and they said yes.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi all

Just an update on this (apologies for the delay in response).

We've had confirmation that the Go Further add-on is subject to our stable links policy:

We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if you spend at least half of your time during any 4 month period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use. Where your usage no longer indicates a risk of abusive or anomalous use we will stop charging you the surcharge

Find out more information about stable links on our terms and conditions >

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Christopher_G that doesn't answer the OP's question though as this post is refering to roaming OUTSIDE the EU which EE's stable policy doesn't cover.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You'd think that as you have to buy the Go Further add-on for 6 months you'd be able to use it for 6 months abroad & the Stable Link policy does not apply.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mpark17 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Christopher_G but as @Profile closed says, that still doesn't apply to Canada/USA.

I bit the bullet two months ago and have been using the Go Further roaming add-on for nearly 9 weeks now, continuously in Canada. Not a peep from EE about the stable link policy and if they do complain, I'll refer them to my numerous chats with customer services advisors who said it didn't apply.

I still can't believe EE sell this add-on when the terms clearly do not apply to it, but it's a far better deal than buying a Canadian SIM so I'm pretty happy so far.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE seem to have made a number of missteps recently with roaming and confused a lot of people along with it.

I'd be a bit miffed if I was told to pay for an add-on for 6 months and find you can only use it for two.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.