Highlighted
by propolis Investigator
Investigator

Go Further Roaming Add-On fair use policy?

I see there is a “15Gb fair use policy”.  Is this per day, week, month, 6-months...?

What happens when 15Gb is used up, especially if there is still more unused data on the plan?

I am due to go to Australia next week and want to take with me my 50Gb of data but don’t want to find that I hit a brick wall when I’ve hit 15Gb.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Go Further Roaming Add-On fair use policy?

When the FUP applies to you, once you have used up 15GB when roaming, we will notify you and you’ll have to buy a data add-on if you want to keep using data when roaming.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@propolis  It’s 15GB until you use up 15GB over 1 billing month 

What’s still on the plan can not be used abroad and you’ll need to purchase a data add on.  

And you can only use your allowance when abroad for a total of 60 days  consecutively.  

by propolis Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, so it is 15Gb per month. 

You say that you have to buy a data add on but I thought the whole point is that you use your normal allowances.  It says “This add-on lets you use your minutes, text and data whilst abroad”. I read that as NOT needing to buy a special data add on. This is very misleading if you are correct.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@propolis wrote:

Thanks, so it is 15Gb per month. 

You say that you have to buy a data add on but I thought the whole point is that you use your normal allowances.  It says “This add-on lets you use your minutes, text and data whilst abroad”. I read that as NOT needing to buy a special data add on. This is very misleading if you are correct.  

@propolis 

EE help pages for this add on are here,

Good to know

A 15GB fair use policy applies when roaming abroad

The FUP is here although it doesn't specifically mention countries outside the EU it still applied to the extra countries offered under the roaming add on. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

When the FUP applies to you, once you have used up 15GB when roaming, we will notify you and you’ll have to buy a data add-on if you want to keep using data when roaming.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by propolis Investigator
Investigator

Ok, now I understand. 

If my billing date is half way through my two week holiday I can use 30Gb data under fair use. But if my billing date is after I get home I only can use 15Gb under fair use. Same duration but in the first example it’s twice as much data. That doesn't seem “fair” to me.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Time your holiday differently Smiley Wink if it concerns you that much!

by propolis Investigator
Investigator

If only I could but it’s already booked.  If my bill date occurred while I was away then I’d happily pay for the sixty quid add-on. As it happens it is the day I get back so I’ll be buying a local SIM for use while I’m away instead.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.