by Profile closed
Not applicable

Global Roaming add-ons: a little bit more clarity wouldn't hurt

Hello,

I've just joined EE on the £20 20GB untld txts+mins Sim Only plan.

In My EE I can see that various Global Roaming Minutes add-ons are available to me (30, 60, 120). They are apparently available in " EE Roaming Zones 1, 1A, 2A, 2B, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8" (basically, all over the world but cruise ships and planes).

It tells me to see the Price Guide for more detail. The link takes to the... Non-Standard Price Guide for Small Businesses (https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/b2b-legal-1204-non-standard-price-guide-for-ee-small-...). My contract, however, is a consumer contract, so a Hiccup No 1 here.

A Hiccup No 2 occurs when I am trying to cross check one of the countries I am about to visit in a few weeks time, which is Georgia. I go to https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/georgi... and see no mention of any roaming minutes add-ons whatsoever. Not very consistent and adds to confusion, i.e. who do I believe - My EE + a Price Guide for Small Businesses, or that link that I've just posted?

Some clarification would be much appreciated. As well as taking my feedback on board - some other customers might end up getting confused as well.

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Global Roaming add-ons: a little bit more clarity wouldn't hurt

Dunno how you got there but the Price Guide you want is the Pay Monthly Non-standard price guide . Georgia in not in the EU & so is not included in your EU roaming allowances. See also the ROAMING section in Pay Monthly 24 month Plans Price Guide .

I only see a 60 Global Roaming Minutes add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

I got there (Small Business price guide) by following a link in My EE (next to the explainer of one of the Global Roaming Minuntes add-ons).

I didn't say Georgia was in the EU and that I expected for it to be included in my roaming allowances, I'm not sure how this might be relevant.

What I did say was that here - > https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/georgi... there is no mention of any Roaming Minutes add-ons being available for Georgia (suspect the same for other countries), yet they are avalable to buy in My EE (and Georgia is apparently included), hence the confusion.

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Profile closed 🙂

Great questions. I see why this would cause confusion.

I've sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.