by Profile closed
Not applicable

Geography-shmeography?

Apparently, phone calls made/received when in Georgia go under "Roaming inside EU".

Apparently, Switzerland and Norway are part of the EU. 

Apparently, Azores, Madeira, Canary Islands are countries.

Sack your geography tutor, throw away your map, EE will keep you right.

IMG_20180814_052930.jpg

IMG_20180814_054210.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Geography-shmeography?

Hi @Profile closed

We have already coved these points in your other threads 

‎14-06-2018 05:57 PM

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Roaming-quot-destinations-quot-does-anyone-else-feel-cheated/m-p/698699#M19786 

&

21-06-2018 09:01 AM

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Roaming-destinations-such-as-Canary-Islands-are-now-countries/m-p/698764#M19798

I don't see need to repeat advice already given on in the points you have made.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed wrote:

Apparently, phone calls made/received when in Georgia go under "Roaming inside EU".

Eh? Georgia is not in EU, yet, is not listed as being in EU & you've been charged £1.80 / min for calling.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX I know it's not in the EU, yet roaming calls in Georgia are listed under "Roaming in the EU" section (see the pic), although the charges are correct :). 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, I seem to have the ability to read or at least spell but I can't see it in that list image that you posted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Profile closed

Out of curiosity, are you currently roaming in Georgia or is this charge related to when you were there?

@XRaySpeX: He's referring to the fact that in his itemisation, it clearly states the following:

"Calls - roaming inside the EU

1 call totaling 1 sec

£1.50"

Then in his itemisation breakdown, it states he made a call on the 21st July 2018 at 14:04 which lasted one second and the call was to Georgia from Georgia.

I completely agree with him, that's incorrect and this has been shown to be a problem as @Profile closed recently uploaded a picture showing a similar problem with the USA.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Northerner I know we did cover some of the points and I'm not looking for any advice. I remember you saying that it's ok to call John Bob...oops, I mean to call a territory a country although it's not a country for the sake of convenience. 

Still don't agree with it as facts are facts. 

This is just a reminder that EE still continue feeding their customers with false info and then some as now they've added Switzerland and Norway to the EU.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Inyourbox when I was  there last month

@XRaySpeX I've attached the pic again. Hopefully it's a  bit more obvious now and a full screencast showing how I got there (Extra Charges - >Calls - roaming inside EU) not needed. IMG_20180814_135408.jpg

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: All I said was it wasn't in the list of EU (extended) countries you posted. I agree that your call to George was ascribed incorrectly to the EU (extended) but was charged correctly @ £1.80 / min for being outside the EU (extended).

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed,

I'm sorry that you are seeing incorrect information in My EE.

Please get in touch with customer services so our technical team can investigate.

Thanks

James

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@James_B I'm sure they could investigate without me if they wanted to, especially that I'm not the only person seeing incorrect info :).

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed,

I will of course feed this back to the My EE team for you, but it may be helpful for our technical team to raise a fault ticket in case the problem is related to your individual account.

Thanks

James

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX I've never said that Georgia was in that "extended list", have I?) 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed wrote:

@Northerner I know we did cover some of the points and I'm not looking for any advice. I remember you saying that it's ok to call John Bob...oops, I mean to call a territory a country although it's not a country for the sake of convenience. 

Still don't agree with it as facts are facts. 

This is just a reminder that EE still continue feeding their customers with false info and then some as now they've added Switzerland and Norway to the EU.

@Profile closed

Let's be honest you are not looking for advice. 

The roaming agreement is based upon the EFTA and while Switzerland isn't a member of the EFTA (like Norway) it has agreements in place allowing it access to the EEA markets via agreement. The specific EU regulation is (EU) No 531/2012 refers.

Based upon the "facts" as you refer to, then EE like all networks are correct in their EU allowance countries as they are those which have access to the EEA via EFTA. That said EE can add whatever country they want. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Northerner 

I am not sure why you've brought the EEA / EFTA into this. I'm quite aware of the above as well of how these are different from EU and how these may influence roaming agreements in Europe.

But you are right, I am not looking for any advice. I was just looking to point out the very simple fact (and it's a fact whether you like it or not) that not yours, not mine, not EE's or anyone else's answer to the "What countries are inside the EU?" (EE's own wording) can include Switzerland, Norway, etc. without the answer being intentionally or unintentionally misleading )).

If this was just the case of uncareful wording, then EE will shortly change it, if they wanted to deliberatly mislead customers, then they will not.

In any case the "What countries are inside the EU?" has got one and one answer only, and that answer does not depend on context. It's that simple :).

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.