by KevinPardy
New Member

Frustration, we were told we didn't have to do anything. Just call.

  1. I too have the problem phoning from Europe to the UK. I want to talk to the kids. My wife has a similar problem she too is EE.
EE Community Support Team

Re: Frustration, we were told we didn't have to do anything. Just call.

Hi @KevinPardy


Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community 🙂


Where are you at the moment? Apart from the phone problem you are having, I hope you are having a nice vacation.


When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.


In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.


I know on this occasion, you haven't or were not aware that you needed to do this.


However, we can help.


Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.


If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  


This will need account access at this point.


If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.


If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.


Your wife, if on a separate account will need to follow the same process.


Please let me know how you both get on.


I know being a father how important it is to speak to your children.









Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.