by Brightman19
Explorer

Friend calls you from UK when u r in USA

Hi , Going to USA soon and going to use World Talk and Text App.

If someone texts or calls me from the UK will they be charged more

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Friend calls you from UK when u r in USA

by Brightman19
Explorer

Hi ,

My friend is also on EE. If they text me will they pay more than thier standard text or would they also have to sign up to World Talk and Text. Would they be just be charged more or would they be warned so they don't text and could say use WATTs app for example

Any idea if someone I know on other network texted. Would they be charged more or would they at least be warned  

by ryanjbarrett Investigator
Investigator

Anybody calling or texting you won't have to pay any more than they would if they were texting or calling you while you were back in the UK.

If you're on the Max bill pay plan, you won't incur any charges to make or receive calls and texts yourself. 

iPhone 6 Space Grey 32GB on £15 /mth PAYG Data Pack
I do not work for EE, but if I've helped you in any way, click the star!
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it's you that is roaming, not they. So only you may pay more. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.