by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Free EU roaming: Who’s covered and what’s included

EE aren't going to give existing users free roaming in the US and the other countries just to be nice to everyone. I would believe the small price increase tale until we have it confirmed and verified by a punter on a max plan.

by modev
Explorer

So to double check I have also asked via live chat:

Ian: I have a question about roaming on my 4G Max plan
Ratnadeep:

Sure, I will help you with that.

Ian: I understand that it now includes roaming in the USA
Ian: Is that correct?
Ratnadeep:

That's correct.

Ian: Do I need to change anything or will I simply benefit from the new feature?
Ratnadeep:

I will quickly check that for you.

Ratnadeep:

I can see on the account you have been one of our loyal customers .

Ratnadeep:

EE always want their customers to be happy.

Ratnadeep:

Good news is that your plan would include the benefits automatically and you don't need to make any changes.

At least on the surface of it, both CS and chat are telling the same...

by guesty1234 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

https://cloud.theguests.co.uk/s/zPwvckD1P4UM4jV

Just been on live chat and they confirmed it too, it does seem too good to be true though, i'm not holding my breath....

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

hopefully some of the EE staff like @Lee_H @Leanne_T or @Karen_C can pop in and confirm?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

As far as I was made aware by the EE Community Support Team was that existing Max Plans do not include the new roaming benefits in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the United States.

Existing customers on a device plan (SIMO is to be released sometime in May) will need to contact customer service to have their current Max Plans changed to the new Max Plans that are available from today (10th May 2017).

@Karen_C @James_B @Lee_H, could you confirm if the information I have just provided is correct please?

EDIT:

The new SIMO plans have been announced and are available. Customers with both a SIMO and device plan should be able to contact customer service on 150 from the EE phone and get their current Max Plan changed to one of the New Max Plans that are available from today (10th May 2017). Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

@Inyourbox I'm so confused 😞 I just called customer services for the THIRD time and he assured me that the extra roaming destinations had automatically been added to my Max plan (at no extra cost/change of plan), he even added notes to my account so that other CS agents knew I have the extra destinations.

Thoughts? 

by carwynf Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had exactly the same message this morning on live chat - Starting from 15/6/2017  you can use your plan in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA free when you travel in these countries and EU is already covered in this plan at no additional cost. Come on EE get us Loyal user the same benefits!

by
EE Employee

Hi All,

I can confirm as @Inyourbox advised all of the existing Max Plans will stay the same.

If you would like to benefit from the additional countries, you have the option to change to one of the new Max Plans (following the current migration rules as set in the changing price plan topic).

I do apologise for the incorrect information you’ve all been given and this is being back to the relevant teams.

Thanks – Karen. Smiley Happy

by Kris_delta1 Investigator
Investigator

Same. Talked to EE 150 CS today agent told me it's free for existing max customers from June 8th. My sense is Uk CS are more likely (though not absolutely) to be right versus web forum staff. Typically  more effort will have gone into the management of CS function and price plan roll out, versus a web forum ( large front office function versus small web team) 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I did a live chat to find out about this 25GB Max plan as it's not on the web site. They said it's 4GB, 7GB, 12GB and then 30GB.

Then he slipped in as I was about to go  that from 15th June my plan will have inclusive roaming in the US as well

EE seem to be making a right mess of this launch, not sure why everyone is giving out different answers.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kris_delta1 and @chistery,

I can confirm that the information @Karen_C posted above has been double checked with our roaming team and is correct.

I'd like to apologise again for any incorrect information you have received.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

@James_B

https://cloud.theguests.co.uk/s/Xb5HI0fp2V3ITAS

So i've now just had a text from EE just after I got off the phone with CS saying that my plan will include the USA on the 15th of June.

Literally what is going on? No one currently will even let me change my plan because they insist that it'll be included from the 15th?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I think I may have to call the Exec Office back and see what they say is going to happen on the 15th June!

by
EE Employee

Hi @guesty1234 and welcome to the Community.

I have sent you a Private Message to gain some details to assist with this.

Many thanks,

Lee

by carwynf Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Lee_H wrote:

Hi @guesty1234 and welcome to the Community.

I have sent you a Private Message to gain some details to assist with this.

Many thanks,

Lee

I have saved the transcripts that I have had on live chat stating exactly the same and also been informed by CS over the phone.  I will be able to roam in 5 extra destinations from 15/06/17 onwards. Will EE honour this as I has been a loyal customer? Very disappointed in the way it has been handled 😔

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @carwynf

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems and how you have been misinformed about what is and is not included in your price plan. Smiley Sad

There currently is some misinformation that has been given to EE customer service agent which I believe @Karen_C@Lee_H and @James_B have been feeding back to make sure the correct information is given to EE customer service agents.

I would recommend you wait until this information has been passed back and then make a complaint, whoever deals with your complaint will read the notes on your account and they may (if there is notes on your account, there is a high chance they will honour what you have been advised but I can guarantee this as I do not work for EE) apply a discount to offset any increase you may face.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Inyourbox wrote:

there is a high chance they will honour what you have been advised but I can guarantee this as I do not work for EE) apply a discount to offset any increase you may face.

Can or can't? Smiley Happy

by Kris_delta1 Investigator
Investigator

@guesty1234 Did you ask them to text you to confirm this ? Or was this an update everyone gets sometimes, like when wifi calling was enabled?  The CS agent wouldn't let me update my plan to include new roaming destionations, as I was assured it would be applied after the change over date in June to all Max plans. I asked him 3/4 times if he was talking about European changes and he said no it was for the new Roaming countries. It wasn't like he was guessing he was very confident, seems to be all CS agents are saying the same thing, on the basis of this forum.  

by
EE Employee

Morning Everyone,

I can confirm the new Max Plans have either 3GB, 8GB, 15GB, 25GB or 40GB.

The new SIM only Max Plans have 4GB, 7GB, 12GB or 30GB.

All of the current max plans will not change come the 15th of June.

However current max plan users from August 2016 - will be able to purchase the TRAVEL DATA PASS as of the 15th of June.

To benefit from the additional countries you have the option to change to one of the new max plans.

I do apologise for all the confusion and incorrect information and can assure you we are feeding this back to all the relevant teams.

Any other questions let me know.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @chistery

That should have said "I can't guarantee that as I do not work for EE."

Apologies for the mistake. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.