by Sue1951 Investigator
Investigator

France

I have been in France since Sunday all fine until Tuesday now have no service. Still have plenty of monthly data left. Cannot phone or text. Have checked settings removed and re inserted SIM. Can only connect to hotel Wi-Fi.  Please can anyone help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Sue1951 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: France

Disabled 4g and manually searched has worked thank you so much 

8 REPLIES 8
by Sue1951 Investigator
Investigator

I Have no service in France it was working fine for 2 days. Have checked setting

I have been in France since Sunday all fine until Tuesday now have no service. Still have plenty of monthly data left. Cannot phone or text. Have checked settings removed and re inserted SIM. Can only connect to hotel Wi-Fi.  Please can anyone help

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Sue1951. Have you tried a manual network search? Do you get any errors when selecting a network? There's some good advice here to follow.

Let us know if it works or if you need any help.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sue1951

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I can see that @chistery has offered some fantastic help to you.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Sue1951 Investigator
Investigator

I have tried to select a network however none show and when selecting automatic it just keeps searching 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Sue1951 You would normally be able to see the networks unless there was a problem with your phone.

Can you disable 4G and try another search? It can take a while to do a manual search.

You might need to contact CS to make sure there's no issues with your account.

by
EE Community Support Team

Have you by any chance selected what @chistery has directed you to look at further?

There are some hints, tips and tricks in the support article that may just help you.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Sue1951 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Disabled 4g and manually searched has worked thank you so much 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Sue1951, glad it's working. It may be a bit slower on 3G but it's better than no service. Maybe try 4G again later, may just be a local issue which gets fixed soon.

Have a good trip!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.