by Judclif Investigator
Investigator

Forgot to text roaming before leaving UK for EU

I bought £15 credit from an EE store in London. I was told that I could buy a pack with this. I left for Belgium did not know about texting roaming to 150. Nothing works. I cannot choose a pack or an add on. I do have a text to tell me that I have a credit card registered with EE to buy eligible products. What now?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Forgot to text roaming before leaving UK for EU

@Judclif   If your a PAYG customer you don’t need to text anything as roaming is already enabled on your account.  Have you enabled roaming on the device? and have you restarted the device since you got there?  

by Judclif Investigator
Investigator

I have got roaming enabled on my phone and I have restarted it. I can see Orange as a carrier but I can’t send a text or use data. I just have £15 credit but I can’t buy a pack? Do I need to? Or an add on?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Judclif

Thanks for coming here.

Did you use your SIM in the UK to make a call or send a text, before travelling to Belgium?

You would need to activate the SIM card on the EE network in the UK to use the pack abroad.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by Judclif Investigator
Investigator

Why was I not told that when I bought the SIM in an EE shop and they knew I was using it in the EU.

is it not possible for you (EE) to activate it for me? I am in the EU for 3 more weeks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Judclif

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am sorry this was not explained when you purchased the SIM from the store.

Once you return to the UK the SIM will activate for you, when a call is made, or a text is sent.

You can call us on +44 (0) 7953 966 250 from another phone and our Pay as you go team will be able to see of they can help.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions