by kkoolett
Explorer

Extra data roaming in usa

Can I buy roaming data for specific days in advance? Or is it something I need to switch on and off? Or I switch it on now and will be only billed when I'm actually in the US and switch my roaming on, and then it stops when I leave the country or I turn off my roaming while there?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Extra data roaming in usa

Hi @kkoolett 

Roaming (if activated) is automatic.

You cannot buy data in advance. 

What plan are you on as some have US roaming benefits.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by kkoolett
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm only on the Essential plan.
So do you mean I can upgrade my plan now and then when roaming is on
they'll start charging me daily? And then when I switch roaming off they
stop the daily charges?

Thanks for your help.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kkoolett,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

With the Travel Data Pass you'll only pay for the days that you use data in your destination, so if you don’t use any, you won’t pay a penny.  

And don’t worry about using too much data – if you use up your daily limit, we’ll let you know so you don’t get any unexpected bills.

You can also add more data (at the same price) to see you through the rest of the day (up until midnight UK-time).  

There’s no need to remove Travel Data Pass when you return to the UK, just keep it in the background for the next time you travel, but if you want to opt out at any time, simply text STOP TRAVEL to 150 and revert back to our standard data add-ons.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.