by Sophielou10
Explorer

Extra 75Mb and gone in 15 mins? Settings okay.

Okay so I've been using the £1 50Mb a day europass. Occasionally if I've been online a lot I've bought an extra 75Mb. 

I haven't really used a lot today but by leaving wifi for an hour I've apparently used all my data. I didn't think anything of it so bought 75Mb for £3 I wasn't using it any more than usual (which usually last most of the day.) and in literaly fifteen minutes it's all gone. 

My settings haven't changed so I don't understand why!? 

Made EE screwing me over? I'm afraid to buy data now. Obviously I'm abroad so I can't ring to talk to them and I'm really disappointed there's not an option to email them so apparently this community is what counts as customer service. I won't be using EE again, despite being a customer since the company started. 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Extra 75Mb and gone in 15 mins? Settings okay.

@Sophielou10  What device do you have ?  And do you allow apps to run in the background? 

by Sophielou10
Explorer

I have an iPhone 6s. I've been using it fine since the 17th of December. I have my mobile data switched off for the vast majority of apps. Only things like WhatsApp (didn't receive any photos or even messages in the the fifteen minutes) and kik (again no photos maybe a message or two.) the only thing running in the back ground would have been Facebook but I still don't understand why it's suddenly doing it now when I've not changed what I'm doing with my phone. And unless you're streaming (which I wasn't.) 75 Mb in fifteen minutes is ridiculous. Could there be some sort of fault.
I certainly won't be buying data off EE again. I have a data only 3 sim that I wanted to use but since this is a relatively new contract (despite it being my third or more consecutive contract with them) they won't unlock it (oh and they charge for that, pretty much the only network who do.) Really unimpressed with EE service. Would never use their data abroad again. Will be looking at other companies when my contract ends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Sophielou10,

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Is your account on an EE personal contract?

I will see if our online chat team can get this looked into for you.

Thanks.

by Sophielou10
Explorer

Yes but I'll have to wait until I'm on wifi this evening.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Let us know when you are on WiFi again @Sophielou10

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sophielou10  Have a look at THIS. If wifi assist is on even if your on wifi the device might start to use cellular data if that is the better connection.    

And if Facebook is running that is a data hog.   

by Sophielou10
Explorer

Nope no wifi assist on and most apps not permitted to use it. I just don't understand why I've gone from using 50Mb or a little more all day and then now I've gone through 125Mb in a couple of hours when I wasn't even using it much.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sophielou10  You say on your first post that Facebook is running in the background. This alone could be the culprit. As when ever there is a new post on your Facebook time line your device will use data to update this.   

Just to ask have have you been taking photos with location services turned on ?  Anything that tracks your location is going to use data if not on wifi.    

If you go to Settings>Mobile data and scroll to the bottom click the RESET STATISTICS.    Now you can see what apps are using your data and how much from zero to when you next look at this.     

Its not EE using or taking your data it's something your doing on that roaming network.  

by Sophielou10
Explorer

Nope no photos or anything like that and not much happening on Facebook. Most people on.

Literally just a couple of chat apps and Facebook were enabled. I understand why you're saying but it seems a little odd that things had been fine the last two weeks and then 75Mb in fifteen.

I've seen how money grabbing EE are with some of their practices so I wouldn't put it past them. I'm sorry I've just lost all trust. Anyway I'm not really sure if there's anything that could help now. I've taken permission off Facebook to use my data and like I said in future I will not be getting my data abroad from EE. And I'll share my previous experiences and see what others make of them.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone
by

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way @Sophielou10

If there is anything further we can do to help, please come back and see us.

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.