by Bethmack
Explorer

Every time I go abroad, I am unable to make outgoing calls.

Every time I go abroad (ever since I set up a contract with EE) I am unable to make outgoing calls.  I am able to receive texts and receive calls, but every time I try to make a call, I just hear a couple of bleeps, then the call is terminated.  I can only send texts over wifi, not over the cellular network.

I have called EE when back in the  UK to try and sort it out, and was told everything should all be set up for the next time I travel, but now I am away, and the problem still exists.  They told me that the international bar was lifted on my account.

I don't know how to get this resolved.  Every time I call EE from the UK, my account looks fine and ready for me to use international roamin, but every time I go abroad I have the same problem.  

I am a business customer and it's difficult for me to run my company when I am away as I can't call anyone.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

I am using an iPhone 6s if that helps.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Every time I go abroad, I am unable to make outgoing calls.

@Bethmack   You need to make sure the International call bar is not in place on your account to do this call customer services and asked them to lift this bar 

by Bethmack
Explorer

I can’t call when I am abroad.

When I get home I phone to see if EE can lift the bar, and I get told it’s all done.

The next time I travel I still have the same problem.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bethmack, Have you checked in your account that roaming is enabled for calls when roaming?

Have you also checked your settings on your IPhone?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bethmack

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community 🙂

Apart from the phone problem you are having, I hope you are having a nice vacation.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you were aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.