by autarky15 Contributor
Contributor

European Union Roaming June 2017

Terribly sorry if this has been asked I tried my best searching!

I'm going interrail around Europe this summer and was considering switching to Vodafone as they offer 4GB of 4G data roaming in Europe as standard. (Don't want to even bother with 3's feel at home!)

An old news story popped up with the EU 'banning' all roaming charges from June 2017 and was wondering if this would be taken up by all the UK networks and in particular EE? Would my entire UK calls/data allowance be valid for roaming at no cost from this date and would 4G speeds be offered at no cost?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: European Union Roaming June 2017

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in June, and I expect EE to drag their feet and only announce something at the last minute.

I have a Vodafone 12GB SIM with 4GB roaming data and it's great. I often get speeds of over 160Mb/s in the UK , and 4G roaming in the EU is great. With Cashback and the money I've saved from not paying for NowTV, it's not cost me much at all. It comes up for renewal in July so will be good to see what's going on then.

I would say that when I've used EEs Europass I get great 4G coverage too and it's often better than in the UK.

I get about 10Mb/s with EE here! Good coverage and great 4G roaming as well, but the speeds on Vodafone are so much better.

Good customer service is thing of the past on all networks, they just struggle to be slightly better than the rest. 

The only thing stopping me renew my contract with EE at the moment is the lack of Travel Data Pass on their max plans, so I'm sticking with the great deal I have now.

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in June, and I expect EE to drag their feet and only announce something at the last minute.

I have a Vodafone 12GB SIM with 4GB roaming data and it's great. I often get speeds of over 160Mb/s in the UK , and 4G roaming in the EU is great. With Cashback and the money I've saved from not paying for NowTV, it's not cost me much at all. It comes up for renewal in July so will be good to see what's going on then.

I would say that when I've used EEs Europass I get great 4G coverage too and it's often better than in the UK.

I get about 10Mb/s with EE here! Good coverage and great 4G roaming as well, but the speeds on Vodafone are so much better.

Good customer service is thing of the past on all networks, they just struggle to be slightly better than the rest. 

The only thing stopping me renew my contract with EE at the moment is the lack of Travel Data Pass on their max plans, so I'm sticking with the great deal I have now.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @autarky15,

Welcome back to the community.

We have no information at the moment.

Our Roaming post shows the most up to date information.

Thanks.

by autarky15 Contributor
Contributor

Sounds great! I'm thinking about taking the £10 Vodafone 20GB cash back offer when it surfaces again and it'll be amazing when I can use it all abroad! EE's 20GB 4Gmax looks promising but only if I can get it sub-£15!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.