by Pegasus85 Investigator
Investigator

European Roaming Zone - Turkey

Hi,

Is there any plan that will add Turkey to European Roaming Zone like Vodafone UK did?

It seems like there are many people from the UK traveling to Turkey and suffering from roaming charges. If this doesn't change, then I think I'll transfer my EE number to Vodafone. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: European Roaming Zone - Turkey

Shouldn't think so. Turkey's not in the EU. If EE did, they'll just announce it when it happens, not before.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Shouldn't think so. Turkey's not in the EU. If EE did, they'll just announce it when it happens, not before.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Neither Switzerland, Norway and Iceland but they are included in the zone. How come is Vodafone providing such a service but not EE?! As a customer I’d like to know. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pegasus85

Because they are in the European Economic Area except Switzerland which is an anomaly, but Switzerland are part of the single market so included. 

Turkey is outside the EEA and single market, so itsn't included it's that simply.

All networks have different products and services.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Simply cuz EE don't have to. They are not compelled by legislation. Those others are in the EEA or single market; Turkey isn't..

Investigator

None of the answers are satisfying. It’s EU legislation and has nothing to do with being part of single market or EEA. EE has just lost one customer to Vodafone! Thanks.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Pegasus85 Why aren't those answers satisfying?

Investigator

Because Switzerland and Monaco are totally outside the EU/EEA and being in the single market has nothing to do with the EU roaming legislation since European Commision and Parliemant reached a compromise to end the roaming charges in the EU! It's EE decision and I respect that but I already transfered my number to Vodafone. Thanks for asking anyway. We can close this topic. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EU roaming is by EU legislation. Anything outside is a bonus from EE Smiley Wink.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Pegasus85 Fair enough. Vodafone tried to remove roam free status from Turkey but reversed the decision due to number of complaints it was receiving.

I’m guessing they’ll try again in the future but it is a very nice perk to have. Enjoy!

by rakkaya
Explorer

EE has just lost another customer to Vodafone for exactly the same reason! Enjoying my view right now of the Bosporus and typing this thread at no extra cost thanks to Vodafone.

by
EE Community Support Team

Sorry to hear that you've left EE, @rakkaya.

We're always looking for ways to improve our plans going forward.

Hopefully, we'll see you again as our customer in future.

Have a lovely time in Turkey. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.