by JimSignal Investigator
Investigator

Europe

Hi there, I heard form friends and people who visited Europe recently that the broadband speed is very limited to the point it's unusable. Apparently this applies only to essential plans. Can you shed some light on this please?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Europe

Hi @JimSignal

Please see here.

Are there any services, content, or protocols always slowed down?

Yes

If so what?

When abroad in the EE Europe Zone, customers with an EE Essentials or 4GEE plan (or any plan other than a Max plan) will get our standard roaming speed, this is likely to be slower than in the UK and fast enough to use your phone as you normally would, including streaming music and standard definition video (or better).

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JimSignal

Welcome to the community.

I see @Northerner has answered you already here.

It may be worth doing a manual network selection to see if the speed is better with another available provider:

Phone type Actions
iPhone Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Chris

by JimSignal Investigator
Investigator

I haven't been abroad yet, but my neighbour said he couldn't even make a call with Viber/messenger when he was in Greece. He did a speed test and the result was 2mbs. And this is what I've read from other people online. I don't care about streaming or stuff like that, but being able to make a call should not need a max plan. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JimSignal,

2 Mb/s should be more than sufficient to make a call using either of those apps.

Don't forget you can use your UK allowances to make calls in Greece. Smiley Happy

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.