by mrtnbcky
Visitor

Euro talk and text unlimited

My question is about the 'Euro talk and text unlimited' service.

My parents are going abroad in a few weeks and we're planning on adding this service to one of their phones as a cost effective method of calling home. My mum is worried though, that if someone calls them, they will incur the £2 daily charge when they didn't mean to. I said that surely they could just not answer the call, so avoiding the charge.

She says that she's been told by EE shop staff that even this would incur the charge, as when a voicemail is left, this will trigger the daily £2 charge. 

Surely this can't be right? I get it that the charge would be incurred if she calls to retrieve the voicemail, but not just from someone just leaving a voicemail?

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Euro talk and text unlimited

Roaming - using your phone abroad :

If you're abroad you won't be charged if someone leaves you a voicemail - you'll only be charged if you retrieve the message while you're abroad.

They could always turn VM OFF while abroad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.