by matt1981 Investigator
Investigator

Error 10 and EE chat

I'm in Tasmania and using the Go Futher add on. Having arrived a week ago everything was working fine. Now i can no longer send SMS text messages to anyone over the last few days. I have an error 10 message. The data is working fine, and i can call Aus mobiles. But I can't call uk mobiles or send and SMS to anyone. This is proving a huge nightmare. When i try calling a UK mobile, a message states that 'international calls are not available from this service'. So what's going on? It worked for the first few days, no settings have been changed.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Error 10 and EE chat

Hi @matt1981

Have you tried: 

• resetting your phone?
  • manually selecting your network? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @matt1981

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community all the way from Tasmania 🙂

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you were aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Have you tried a manual network search?

How do I do a manual network search?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

If this hasn't worked.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our EE Roaming - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by matt1981 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks... im afriad resetting (on/off) doesnt work and no network other than Optus will allow you to join. Data is working fine, and local calls, just not SMS messages have stopped working.

by matt1981 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard,

So yes, it's strange. It was all working for three days. Now data works but SMS doesn't. I can phone local mobiles, but not SMS anyone suddenly. International calls are off, so i can see why that's not working now. But why has SMS to anyone suddenly stopped? Some of the folks here don't have smart phones so i means phoning at all times.

I have reset the phone and it won't allow you to choose anthing but optus as a network. As i'm paying for Go Further, i cant see how i can have any bars on that would restrict me here. The point of Go Further would be to mimic a local phone, so i should be able to do all the things I could do at home. Including SMS abroad and locally.

Also i cant see a chat option on My EE on both Mobile and desktop. Yet this was available back in the UK. Is it turned off for those abroad? Or does it vanish when lines are closed etc?

Thanks

by

Hi @matt1981,

There may be an international calling bar on your account. Our chat team will be able to remove this for you.

You can reach them via My EE between 8am and 8pm UK time.

Hope this helps.

James

by matt1981 Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

There is no chat. where is it? It was part of the app in the UK, but once abroad the option isn't there. It's not online either. Im in My EE and there is no option for chat anywhere. It's 8:30am in the UK now and there are no options. The customer service for people abroad is Zero, making EE not suitable for business. If i have to call EE in the UK i'll expect that cost refunded. I'm losing patience with EE now.

by

Hello there @matt1981

If you log into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.