by Profile closed
Not applicable

Ee not telling me about travel pass outside eu now huge unaffordable bill

Why didnt ee tell or suggest that i buy a travel pass when i went to turkey instead of charging a stupid amount of money for calls and texts to  the uk instead of cutting me off 3 days in to my holiday and leaving me with any means of contact also as a solo traveller ee are lucky there wasnt an emergency situation where i needed to use my phone as i had been cut off and i couldnt even contact ee to question my account my holiday was ruined as i was constantly worrying about  not being able to contact home or any1 for that matter 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ee not telling me about travel pass outside eu now huge unaffordable bill

Hi @Profile closed 

Why does EE have to tell you? Why can you not ensure you have adequate add ons yourself? 

You must know Turkey isn't part of the EU, and you must have activated roaming and international calls previously, or you would have no service.

Regardless, there is no individual account access on these forums, so you will need to call EE CS to discuss your situation direct. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did EE send you a text when you arrived in Turkey about roaming charges?

Did you not check the Roaming Tool before you left to see how much charges would be in Turkey, as in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/turkey... ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Well you would have thought to save customers having a £600 phone bill on return for using my phone for only 3days when im only on a £42 a month contract im sure theres many people who are not able to afford this especially not myself but thats the situation im in. There is no way i can get that sort of money to pay it, its only 100pound less than my monthly income so whats gonna happen now im going to have to end my contract without paying and just get a payg sim card as there will b a default on my credit file meanong i wont be able to get another contract so to save al this after sending the txt welcoming me to turkey a link informing me to buy a travel pass would have been a god send.

It happens 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed wrote:

there will b a default on my credit file meaning i wont be able to get another contract

Nor credit card, loan, mortgage, ...

Nor does it mean you are free of your debt. You will yet be chased by debt collectors & face being sued in Court.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed 

As I said above, you will need to discuss your options with EE CS direct tomorrow.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I havee discussed this with customer services the day i arrived back in the uk and was told that i couldnt dispute this is as i incurred the charges therefore i have to pay the amount until i pay my bill my services will remain restricted but i honestly do not know where ee thinks im going to find that kind of money it would take months of saving and obviously ee aren't going to wait that long and i cannot go without a phone for that long.

I did recieve 2 text messages from ee

1.Welcome to Turkey. You have a Travel Data Pass so get 500MB of data for £6.00 a day. You'll only be charged on days you use data here so no need to remove it when you're back in the UK. Click add-on.ee.co.uk/traveldata for free for more details.

For the best network coverage your handset must automatically select a network. To do this, choose your phone from: http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device next select 'Connectivity' then 'Selecting Network'

2.Hi again. While you're here costs include

Calls: £1.80/min to make & £1.80/min to receive. 

Texts: 60p to send 

Picture Message: 50p to send

Call +447953966250 for Customer Services (£1.80/min) & 112 in case of emergency. Have a good trip!

No where did it say i could buy a travel pass and it would save me having a 600 pound bill on return to the uk have a nice trip!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It didn't need to. It said you already had a TDP. What were you charged £600 for? The TDP only covers you for data. You must have notched up £600 on calls, both made & received, 333 mins I make it. The 2nd text from EE warned you of these charges.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Profile closed 

Please read WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I CAN'T PAY MY BILL?

This guide should provide some help in your situation, however you will only react a satisfactory outcome by speaking to CS again.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.