by thomaseley
Explorer

Ee max 15gb not using allowance in us

I have landed In the us. I am on the ee max 15gb since 2016. I have been told my allowance can be used in the us, I have restarted my phone upon landing and restarted it. 

The data is prompting me to buy a data pack when I have 8gb of allowance left. I have been told in store and online I would be covered. Any thoughts how to get my minutes and data? 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ee max 15gb not using allowance in us

@thomaseley wrote:

I am on the ee max 15gb since 2016. I have been told my allowance can be used in the us,

Who told you that & when? Only Max Plans taken since 10 May 2017 include roaming in US.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @thomaseley

You need to upgrade your MAX plan to use it in the US as you are on the old MAX plan. If you don't want to upgrade, then you can buy a data/call add on, details of which can be found here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @thomaseley

Hope you're having a great time.

As @XRaySpeX and @Northerner have advised, any pay monthly price plan taken before 10 May 2017 will not have USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand included within the allowance.

If you would like to benefit from these additional 5 countries pleaseget in touch with our customer service team to discuss changing your plan to one of the Max plans that became available on 10 May 2017.

Thanks, Leanne.

by thomaseley
Explorer

Thank you all, looks like I was given misinformation in the store. It's funny as they knew im due an upgrade in a couple of months. Well I'll guess I'll get some data packs and charge it to my work. 

Thank you all. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @thomaseley

I am sorry you have been advised this would be included.

Hope you have a great time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.