by felbhist
Visitor

EU roaming and phone does not recognise any provider. Unable to call/text EE

I am in Greece, I recently went to Italy and Paris for the odd day and noticed my phone did not give a welcome message when I arrived. But now I need my phone and it will not recognise any network. I have wifi but wifi calling does not work as there is 'no service'. EE help pages only direct me to a phone number that I cannot call! or to this community....

Please HELP

2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: EU roaming and phone does not recognise any provider. Unable to call/text EE

Hello @felbhist,

Welcome to the community,

Did you make sure that roaming was enabled on your account? 

Have you tried going into your account to see if roaming is enabled, as it appears that this is not the case.

Wifi calling only works in the UK, so this is why you are not able to use it whiles roaming. If you have Skype or Viber or something equivalent, then you can ring EE, or use a landline to ring EE.

Are you on a monthly contract or is it pay as you go?

If you have a monthly contract and have a personal account and not a business account, you can access the live chat, by going into your account and if someone is available, a notice for live chat will come up and you can then chat with customer service.

There is nothing we can do in the forums, as there is no access to accounts here.

by
EE Employee

Re: EU roaming and phone does not recognise any provider. Unable to call/text EE

Hi @felbhist and welcome to the Community.

It certainly sounds like you have not activated Roaming if it has not worked in numerous countries.

Please do let me know if you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.