by AGBell Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EU data roaming and tethering

I think I know I can use 15GB of data when in the EU but can I use some of that to tether my iPad or laptop?

Also, I don't understand the different 4GEE plans or which I'm on to find out if I'll get slow or fast data abroad. How do I find out?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EU data roaming and tethering

@AGBell   Yes you can tether.  Look at your online account /my EE app it will say there what type of tariff you have. 

Valued Contributor

Plan just says EE SIM only, no mention of 4GTHIS or 4GTHAT. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AGBell,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As you are not on a Max Plan, you will get our standard roaming speed abroad - fast enough for streaming video, uploading photos and browsing.

4GEE Max customers get our fastest available speeds at home and abroad. But please note: maximum speeds will be dependent on the local network and may not be as fast as at home.

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

Thanks. What speed do I get in the UK and what is the standard roaming speed when in the EU?

I'm finding all the 4GEE PLANS confusing and more so because I have no idea what plan I'm on. Where can I look to find out all the details?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AGBell,

Your roaming speeds will depend on a number of factors, including your location and the local network you are connected to.

You'll get up to 60Mbps in the UK.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.