by ukguy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EU data only free in 5 countries!?

Hi, from today the new pay monthly sims state "EU talk & text roaming (Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany)"

Could anyone clarify if these countries are just an example of what EU countries are (?!!) or infact it only applies in those 5 countries?

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: EU data only free in 5 countries!?

Hello @ukguy they are given as examples. The different types of plans and their inclusive benefits (roaming etc) as well as a list of countries included can be found using this link. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-customers-after-17th-au...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It doesn't appear as just an example but as a definition as it goes on to say:

Outside of Allowance

EU talk & text roaming    Standard

It wouldn't be saying that if it was an example. That statement is excluding the rest of EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ukguy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I replied yesterday but my reply doesn't seem to be here!

I agree with XRaySpeX, it looks like a specific list of 5 countries. I was going to sign up for the 20GB £25 tariff until I saw this. I go to Greece in the summer and don't want to get back to have EE say to me "But we didn't say it could be used in Greece, it stated the 5 countries when you signed up".

If it is indeed an example, the developers/admins on the EE site need to add "etc" to the end!!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @ukguy the link I posted above contains a list of the countries where the included EU calls, texts & data for pay monthly SIM only plans can be used. You can also find this list on page 5 of the EE SIM Only price plan guide. :):

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/ee-simo-joiners-from041116-march-2017.pdf

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@ukguy I've just done a live chat with a sales advisor the link tom has supplied is correct and all those countries are included they are just an example but it's very badly worded and not clear at all 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Damienw1 thank you for taking the time to confirm. 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed no worries Smiley Happy

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.