by pirmbyk Investigator
Investigator

EU Roaming

I purchased £10 data pack. The signal of 4G is OK and also turn on data roaming in my device setting. But still can not use internet or send text in Denmark.

please help and thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EU Roaming

You should be able to. It is within the EU where you are able use your usual allowances. PAYG is auto enabled for roaming.

Did you use this SIM in the UK before going abroad? It needs to be activated 1st on EE's home UK network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by pirmbyk Investigator
Investigator

I activated and used this card in UK. And received one text from EE in Denmark.  I have tried to reset the network and re-start my device.  Still not working.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @pirmbyk

Welcome to the community.

Can you make calls?

What device are you using?

Leanne 🙂

by pirmbyk Investigator
Investigator

Can not make any call since I arrived Demark. 

My device is Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

by

Thanks @pirmbyk

Have you tried connecting to a different network?

Also, can you receive calls and texts?

Leanne.

by pirmbyk Investigator
Investigator

Yes, i tried to connect to other network, like Telenor DK, but can not be connect.

i only received one text while I arrived Denmark and tuened on my phone.  

by

Hi @pirmbyk

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

by pirmbyk Investigator
Investigator

OK  

Many thanks to Leanne.

by

No problem @pirmbyk

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by AldoTeo Investigator
Investigator

I have exactly the same problem, except I am in Spain and have a Sony Xperia xz2 compact. 

Did you find a solution to this problem? Very frustrating! Any help would be appreciated. 

Kind regards

by

Hi @AldoTeo

Welcome to the community.

Is your SIM a pay as you go SIM too? Is it a new SIM or have you had it a while?

Chris

by AldoTeo Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Christopher_G,

Thanks for the reply. 

It is a new sim that I purchased a few days ago, I used it for a couple of days in London before flying to Bilbao this morning. And yesterday I purchased a £10 pack that included 2gb data. And from my understand, there should be no problem to use that data on roaming in EU countries like Spain?

I received a welcome to Spain text from EE on arrival, but then I realised that none of the data, calling nor texts were working.

No matter what I do, disabling mobile data, restarting my phone, making sure roaming is enabled on my phone, downloading updates for the Internet settings, nothing I do seems to work.

Any advice for me? 

by

Hi @AldoTeo,

Did you use your pack when you were in the UK?

Before you can use your phone abroad, it must first be used on the EE network in the UK to activate your account.

Thanks

James

by AldoTeo Investigator
Investigator

Hi @James_B,

I used the pack that was preloaded with the sim, it came with some minutes and texts and 50mb data. I used the data while I was in the UK, but I never made a call or sent a text though, I only used data. If that is the problem, how can I fix it? The information about this is so limited

by

Hi @AldoTeo,

I would recommend getting in touch with Customer Care who'll be able to access your account and make sure everything is set up correctly.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.