by esc20

EU Roaming on Everyday Plan

Hello,

I have the Everyday Plan and my calls cost 40 p/min and it seems I was charged like that when I called yesterday from Portugal to a Portuguese number.

However I received the welcome text saying that "UK rates apply - calls cost 4.4 p/min". Which is correct? Is the 4.4 p rate applicable to someone without Smart Packs or Call Boosters?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EU Roaming on Everyday Plan

Looks like the welcome msgs are out of date. Those are the old rates before the new EU roaming came in. @Lee_H?

The new higher rates are intended to be applied only after you have run out of your UK allowances, which would be free in EU.

However, for those users who only rely on normal PAYG on a per unit basis & do not buy packs, these new rates come as a kick in teeth. The new EU roaming rules have not worked out well for them :(.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @esc20 the text message you received is for the old roaming rates from before 15th June. From 15th June onwards using your phone abroad in the EU and EEA now costs the same as using your phone in the UK:

http://shop.ee.co.uk/international/travelling-abroad

🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @esc20 and welcome to the community.

Please let me look into this for you, I have sent you a Private Message to gain some details.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.