by phutton44
Explorer

EE roaming in USA using Go Further and calling American mobiles or landlines

Hi,

I have a 40gig sim only Max contract (with EU destinations only) and pay for the faster network access. Yesterday I added the Go Further roaming via 150 and this will then give me the 15gig capped access  (5 further countries) to data and minutes in a billing cycle and I am aware it is a 6 month commitment.

I am aware I can call home and message people back to the UK with no issue. The thing I wanted to check is calling any american mobiles or landline, whilst aborad in the USA, included in my minutes whilst roaming (so calls local to destination i am in).

I cant seem to find that information anywhere.....

6 REPLIES 6
by phutton44
Explorer

Re: EE roaming in USA using Go Further and calling American mobiles or landlines

I saw on another thread that someone that has the old EE4GMAX that the 15gig cap only applies to europe...

Does the GO FURTHER add on that i applied for USA also include 15gig cap?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: EE roaming in USA using Go Further and calling American mobiles or landlines

Another thing you might want know / find out for sure is:

how much would someone calling you in America from an American landline or an American mobile be charged to phone or text you?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You did say you are on a Max Plan already didn't you? If you purchased this plan on or after 10 May 2017 then these extra 5 countries are already included and you won't need to purchase Go Further. The answer to this and indeed your first question are in the following link: 

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-and-international/roaming-data-add-ons/go-further

by phutton44
Explorer

Thank you for the link i will modify my original post it isnt a Max plan. Its a sim only thing where i got 40gig and EU destinations only and it was post that date anyway. I took it out in August 2018. I had max plan, joined 3 for 3 weeks and went back to EE. DOH!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @phutton44.

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

If you purchase the Go Further add-on, there will be a fair usage policy of 15GB applied when roaming abroad.

When are you heading to the USA? 🙂

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@phutton44 wrote:

The thing I wanted to check is calling any american mobiles or landline, whilst aborad in the USA, included in my minutes whilst roaming (so calls local to destination i am in). 

Yes, and also EU nos. and in the other 4 Go Further countries.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.