by Armando172 Investigator
Investigator

EE data stopped working while abroad all of a sudden even though I am connected

My Ee data stopped working all off a sudden yesterday even though I still have data and I am connect to 4G with roaming on I cannot even access http://add-on.ee.co.uk

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE data stopped working while abroad all of a sudden even though I am connec

Hi @Armando172,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you still able to make calls or send texts?

Are you in the EU?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Re: EE data stopped working while abroad all of a sudden even though I am connec

Yes I can make calls and text without an issue I have also already reset my network settings 

by

Hi @Armando172,

Have you tried selecting a different network manually?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Thanks

James

Investigator

I have I even contacted EE and they said there is no reason why my data shouldn’t work

by

Hi @Armando172,

Is mobile data roaming enabled in your phone's settings?

Have you tried turning off 4G to see if your phone can connect over 3G?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Yes I have tried this still doesn’t work contacted ee they resetted settings on their end however still not working

by
EE Employee

Hi @Armando172

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.