by thisisajoke1
Explorer

EE PAYG UK with credit- in Ireland but has suddenly stopped sending texts/calls?

My UK EE PAYG phone has been working fine in Ireland and France for the past couple of weeks. But a few days ago it just stopped sending texts/making calls. I have plenty of credit, have turned it on and off a number of times, and have full signal and can recieve texts. I haven't signed up for the £2 a day roaming package, because this seems very expensive, I have never had to do so before and it seems be in contravention of EU law. What can I do to get my phone working abroad again? 

Any help appreciated. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: EE PAYG UK with credit- in Ireland but has suddenly stopped sending texts/ca

Hi and welcome to the Community @thisisajoke1

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are currently on.

Please also can I get you to try and ring using 0044.

Many thanks,

Lee​​​​​​​

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: EE PAYG UK with credit- in Ireland but has suddenly stopped sending texts/ca

Hi and welcome to the Community @thisisajoke1

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are currently on.

Please also can I get you to try and ring using 0044.

Many thanks,

Lee​​​​​​​

by thisisajoke1
Explorer

Hi lee, 

I actually just tried changing the newtwork and it worked! 

Cheers! 

by
EE Employee

Hi @thisisajoke1

Glad this helped.

So I can keep an eye out on this one which network had you been roaming with whilst having the issue.

Also which town or city in Ireland are you?

Many thanks,

Lee

by thisisajoke1
Explorer

H Lee, 

It was 02 I was problems with, now on Meteor and that seems in grand. In East Clare, near Ennis. 

Cheers, 

Catriona

by
EE Employee

Thank you for the information @thisisajoke1.

Enjoy the rest of your time.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.