by DrB Contributor
Contributor

EE MAX Plan: inclusive FROM and TO?

Hello -- For the EE MAX plan (taken out in Nov 2017): I understand that I can roam freely while travelling in the USA.  I can make calls FROM their to the UK as part of my allowance.

Can others call TO my phone while I am there (and not incur international charges)?  Further, would I be deemed to be receiving an international call (and thus maybe charged) while I am travelling?

Thank you.

DrB

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: EE MAX Plan: inclusive FROM and TO?

Yes, calls to your handset are also included whilst you are roaming.

The only thing not included are International calls to foreign mobiles or foreign landlines when you are in the UK.

When you are roaming though in any of the included countries, calls to landlines and mobiles in any of the included countries are included!

by DrB Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks.

DrB

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DrB

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @Profile closed has answered you on this already.

Feel free to come back to the community if you have any questions.

Chris 🙂

by DrB Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply also.

What was not abundantly clear is whether any UK-based callers to my number (whilst roaming in the USA) would be charged for an international call.  Could you please confirm this aspect?

Finally, to be clear:

- if I am in the USA and call the UK, this comes out of my existing EE Max Plan?

if anyone in the USA calls me, they would be charged as per their existing provider plan?

- for both instances above (receiving UK calls or receiving calls from the USA), I would not be charged for receiving these calls?

Thank you once again.

DrB

by Profile closed
Not applicable

No, anyone calling or texting your mobile number from the UK, regardless of where you are at the time are charged the stadnard UK mobile to UK mobile rate (be that part of their allowances or PAYG rates).

Your points answered:

1) Yes

2) Not clear if you mean UK based callers or US based callers, sorry

3) Correct

by Grand Master
Grand Master

2) US callers calling you, a UK no., will be charged whatever is their network's International call tariff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DrB Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks

DrB

by
EE Community Support Team

I see your questions have all been answered, @DrB. 🙂

Feel free to come back if you have any more.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.