by pjosborne
Visitor

Does the £6/500MB travel pass work in Japan

Last time I was in Japan I got a message on my phone telling me to text 'max travel' to 150 to get a travel data pass with 500MB data  for £6/day. Despite repeatedly texting I got an activation error every time. I’m off to Japan again this week and wondered if anyone has got this service to work in Japan?

I called EE and they tell me there is no such service in Japan, and indeed on the EE site Japan does not appear in the list of countries for the travel data pass. But in this case, why the text message on arrival? And this conflicts with what EE staff told me last time I got back to the UK (which was that the service did exist, but it was a misconfiguration on my account).

Suspect I might be renting a WiHo SIM card in Japan again, but would like to be proved worng

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does the £6/500MB travel pass work in Japan

That's not a current data add-on for Japan - see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/japan .

These add-ons can only be purchased whilst abroad – you will receive a text message when you arrive and you should follow the instruction to purchase.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Does the £6/500MB travel pass work in Japan

Hi @pjosborne,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry you received the incorrect landing text when you last visited Japan.

You can view the available add-ons on the web page @XRaySpeX kindly posted above.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.