by jonahgb27 Investigator
Investigator

Does the 4GEE Max Plan cover calls from Canada to Spain for free?

I have a UK 4GEE Max phone contract, and am currently living in Canada. I was wondering if I can phone UK numbers for free, even if the person is currently in another country (Spain)?

And would they pay anyhting to receive the call?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: International calls on 4GEE Max Plan

Hi @jonahgb27

Welcome back to the community, I hope you're well.

You absolutely can. As well as EU roaming, Max plan customers can take their inclusive allowance to Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the USA. 🙂

So you can call UK numbers the same as you can when you're in the UK. Regardless of whether the UK mobile number is in the UK or not, it is still covered under your price plan.

As you're living in Canada, I feel it is important to point out the 'stable links' section of the terms and conditions:-

EE plans are intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services. We’ll let you know before we do anything.

You can see more information on both points above, and more, on our price plan guide.

In terms of the receiver picking up a charge, if they are on a UK plan and are within their allowances, they should not be charged to receive a call from you when roaming in the EU, due to recent roaming changes.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
by jonahgb27 Investigator
Investigator

International calls on 4GEE Max Plan

I have a UK 4GEE Max phone contract, and am currently living in Canada. I was wondering if I can phone UK numbers for free, even if the person is currently in another country (Spain)?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Does the 4GEE Max Plan cover calls from Canada to Spain for free?

HI,

@jonahgb27

Yes you can call free on UK number from Canada while that number in Spain.

Other person also will receive that call free of charge.

Thanks 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @jonahgb27 yes you can use your minutes allowances to call UK numbers in the UK and EE Europe zone if you signed up to or upgraded to an EE MAX plan on or after 10th May 2017:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/canada

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does the 4GEE Max Plan cover calls from Canada to Spain for free?

But you cannot benefit from EE's roaming plans after you have been outside the UK for more than 60 days. Beyond that you may have to pay extra or even be cut off. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @jonahgb27

Welcome back to the community, I hope you're well.

You absolutely can. As well as EU roaming, Max plan customers can take their inclusive allowance to Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the USA. 🙂

So you can call UK numbers the same as you can when you're in the UK. Regardless of whether the UK mobile number is in the UK or not, it is still covered under your price plan.

As you're living in Canada, I feel it is important to point out the 'stable links' section of the terms and conditions:-

EE plans are intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services. We’ll let you know before we do anything.

You can see more information on both points above, and more, on our price plan guide.

In terms of the receiver picking up a charge, if they are on a UK plan and are within their allowances, they should not be charged to receive a call from you when roaming in the EU, due to recent roaming changes.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.