by Tams5701
Visitor

Does my EE MAX plan include America?

In may I purchased an EE MAX plan for a new iPhone 7. A significant reason for me buying this plan was because the sales advisor in Carphone Warehouse told my that not only was I able to use my contract in Europe at no extra cost, but from June I was able to use it in other countries such as America, Canada and New Zealand. However a few weeks after signing the contract I decided to reasearch this to make sure that I wouldn't have any nasty surprises on my bill after I come back from my holidays. 

Through looking at these forums and different people's situations similar to mine, it appears that I have been given false information which has lead to my signing this contract. I bought this phone around May 7th but the new plan, according to my reasearch, began on May 10th. I am going to America next month and am now extremely worried that I have been lied to by the sales assistant in order to make a sale.

I've come on here to see if I can get any information surrounding the EE MAX plan and it's usage in America as I am concerned that if I go back into the store I purchased my phone in, that they will give me incorrect information again. 

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does my EE MAX plan include America?

Hi, 

If you log into your account or the app it will tell you the benefits available under your plan. Older max plans don't include the additional countries but you can upgrade to a new Max plan which does include them. 

As for false information at the time if sale,  then this is an issue you will need to take up with CPW as you upgraded via them not EE direct. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Tams5701

Thanks for coming here.

If you have had the 4GEE Max Plan before the 10th May this will not include USA.

For full information please see our 4GEE Max Plan support article.

If you get in touch with customer service they will see if this can be changed for you.

Thanks 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Tams5701. In MYEE, your plan summary should be this if it's a new MAX plan with USA roaming included:

You get our very best with your 4GEE Max SIM Plan: unlimited calls, text and 30GB of our fastest speed data to use in the UK, EU and ten other countries. You also get live sporting action on your phone with the BT Sport app.

It's the ten other countries bit you need it to say.

Make sure you have roaming enabled before you go too! Text ROAMING to 150 now to check.

by arindam Investigator
Investigator

Interesting this as I was just speaking to an EE agent and he tells me the max plan gives the same data allowances in the USA etc as mentioned.

I've sent this out as a tweet to EE so will wait to see how they confirm this one way or the other.

by arindam Investigator
Investigator

hello leanne_t

mine was an upgrade in May 2017- will my plan therefore include the USA??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@arindam  And you do know that this thread is from July 2017.  

by arindam Investigator
Investigator

yes, thanks i did note the july 2017 date but was looking for some fresh answers!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@arindam   Fresh answers to what  ?  

All of EEs Max plans now include the USA.  

Please have a read of THIS

by arindam Investigator
Investigator

Thanks this is what i was after - doesn't show up as a 'default' in my plan.

by arindam Investigator
Investigator

My plan started on 6th May 2017 so that is the obvious issue- will sort, thanks again.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@arindam If you started the Max plan on May 6th 2017, it won't include the US unfortunately as the Max plans that included the US (and those 4 other countries) launched May 10th 2017.

by arindam Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Profile closed, had a chat with the EE tech as well- only option is to switch (temp or permanent) to the newer Max Plan to make use the data allowance. Unfortunately EE have not been proactive enought to shift the old Max Plans into the new ones as a default, so to speak.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@arindam no, EE will never automatically add new features to existing plans, but on the other hand, when EE remove features from new plans, those features are not removed from existing plans either so it does balance it out a little bit.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @arindam

I see you have been given some brilliant advice and have managed to get this sorted. 🙂

If you're travelling abroad soon, I recommend texting ROAMING to 150 to make sure you're all set up. 🙂

Give us a shout if you have any more questions.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.