by LuceMonster

Does it cost for someone abroad to message me if I get an international SIM

I know that if I get an international SIM and go abroad I can text people back home a lot cheaper, that it wouldn't cost them any different because I would have an 07 number. However, if I were to get an international SIM, would it cost someone to message me from another country? They don't have an 07 number, they live in another country. I know that me having an international SIM would mean I could contact them, but what would the costs be like for them? Would it be just the same as contacting a normal SIM?

2 REPLIES 2
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Does it cost for someone abroad to message me if I get an international SIM

Hi,

The charge would be subject to their network's "sending a text abroad rate", since I assuming they will be sending you texts from a foreign number. This is beyond EE's control. 

W

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does it cost for someone abroad to message me if I get an international SIM

I'm afraid you have misunderstood the International SIM. It's only for making  cheap International calls FROM THE UK. When taken abroad it's no different from an ordinary SIM and has to pay roaming rates. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.