by
Explorer

Does a day of Travel Data Pass last 24hrs or until midnight?

If I turn on mobile data at 3pm today, is that only paying for the rest of the today until midnight, or does it last until 3pm tomorrow? I can't see any clarification on this anywhere, and I don't want to be paying for 2 days when I thought I was only paying for one.

Also, if I turn on mobile data and then pass from one country in the Europe Zone to another, do I have to pay the fee again or does the one payment cover me for every country?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
Ace Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Indi1
‎14-04-2017 11:38 PM

Re: Does a day of Travel Data Pass last 24hrs or until midnight?

[ Edited ]

Hello @Indi1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

The Travel Data Pass expires at 23:59:59 UK time. So for example if you are in Cyprus, the data pass would expire at 1:59:59am local time or 12:59:59am local time if you are in France.

As long as you stay within EE's Euro Zone, you will only pay one daily fee. So for example, if you activate your data in France and then travel to Belgium, your data will move with you and you can continue to use the data while you are in Belgium without having to pay another daily fee.

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
by
Ace Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Indi1
‎14-04-2017 11:38 PM

[ Edited ]

Hello @Indi1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

The Travel Data Pass expires at 23:59:59 UK time. So for example if you are in Cyprus, the data pass would expire at 1:59:59am local time or 12:59:59am local time if you are in France.

As long as you stay within EE's Euro Zone, you will only pay one daily fee. So for example, if you activate your data in France and then travel to Belgium, your data will move with you and you can continue to use the data while you are in Belgium without having to pay another daily fee.

by
Explorer

I hadn't considered that it might go by UK time. Thanks for the quick response!

by
Ace Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for taking the time to reply @Indi1Smiley Happy

While I am abroad, I use add-on.ee.co.uk/status to help monitor my data usage and help track when my data will expire.

I hope you have a nice and safe trip while your are away. Smiley Very Happy

by
Star Contributor

If you are roaming in the EU and certain you don't need much data and just need to check a few mails or do something quickly, you might be better off removing Travel Data Pass and paying per MB.

You can't chop and change though as it takes up to 24 hours to re-add the travel data pass, but it's handy to know you can pay per MB, even if EE try and put you off saying you can't.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.