by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

Data usage not decreasing

My data usage is not decreasing, yet data has been used. Every link i've tried, e.g checking add on status etc , texting AL to 150 has showed no change. I am abroad and roaming, but in one of the countries that allows roaming data to be included in the pack (Switzerland).

P.s The only slight data change I have found is 2MB used of my 'Getting started' pack (no idea where that came from, I didn't buy it). However I have used way more (roughly 1.5MB) and nothing shows this.

13 REPLIES 13
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Data usage not decreasing

Hello,

@bmsw Please try this link to check your data usage http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

please use this link on your mobile data not on wifi,

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bmsw,

Welcome to the EE Community.

There can be a delay in updating your allowances when using your phone abroad.

It should correct itself soon.

Thanks

James

by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

Hi James,

It hasn't updated in over a week, so if this is a lag it is quite a long one, and I want to know how much I've used so I can know if I need to be frugal with my data! 

by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

I've already tried this link, it still showed I hadn't used any of my pack data.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure you are not connecting to WiFi, either in hotel or cafes. That doesn't use your mobile data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

I'm sure, there is literally no wifi where I am, nothing to connect to even if I wanted to!

by

Hi @bmsw,

How much data does your phone report you have used in the settings?

Thanks

James

by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

2.1GB since the last time I reset it (9 August). But I used a bit of before then (and forgot to reset it before I did, so I don't know how much I've used abroad overall)

by

Hi @bmsw,

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

Thanks

James

by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

I tried calling them, but it said I had to pay 25p per minute and I don't want to pay for them to correct a mistake in their system! 

by

Hi @bmsw,

Calls to pay as you go customer services are a one off charge of 25p, rather than per minute.

Thanks

James

by bmsw Contributor
Contributor

I called them, they continued to insist I hadn't used any data even though I have. Their system showed no data had been used. Anyone else had this happen?

by

Hi @bmsw,

It cold be an issue with the local network.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and I hope it's resolved soon.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.