Highlighted
by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Data usage abroad

Hi all,

I have a few issues regarding data usage in Europe so I'll ask the 'easier' question first.

I got a text to say my data plan could be used abroad from the 15th June 2017. This didn't work. Can anyone confirm what time on the 15th that service would have been activated? Also, is Malta included? Did any settings need changing on my phone? Roaming was on, and texting 'roaming' to 150 confirmed this was running. In short, why didn't it work?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why do EE mislead customers about Roaming??

I believe I've also been mislead re: data in Europe. I'm actually in the forums now to gather further information before taking the matter further (this is when I saw your post).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ajt22: How have you been mislead?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Data usage abroad

Malta is included. It's in the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Any ideas why it didn't work then?

by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Without wishing to takeover this thread, it looks like yes. This is actually part two of my problem. Knowing European data went live on the 15th, I contact EE on webchat to ask about getting data a week prior to the 15th. I was told this was possible, and I'd have to change my account to give included data. It was a £1 extra per month and I could revert to my initial contract on my return. Throughout my trip, data was never available (be it before the 15th, or on the 15th when I returned home).

by
EE Employee

Hi @ajt22 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, were you able to use calls and texts whilst there?

Many thanks,

Lee

by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, calls and texts were fine.

by
EE Employee

Hi @ajt22

Are you able to currently use data back in the UK without being connected to WIFI?

What device are you currently using?

Many thanks,

Lee

by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, it's working as expected back in Uk. Phone is OnePlus running Android. I've just been looking through the FAQ's, and I didn't switch off 4G but that shouldn't affect it. I'd expect it to connect at fastest speed available in the area?

by
EE Employee

Hi @ajt22

Please double check your roaming network options in your menu and double check it is turned on

See below:

Menu Example

If your calls and texts were working it sounds like it could of been a device issue or local network issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

by ajt22 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your help. All my settings appear to be correct. I will try back next time I'm out of the country.

by
EE Employee

Hi @ajt22

Please let me know how you get on when abroad next.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions