by gjones Contributor
Contributor

Data roaming not working in Madrid despite having it set on phone and account

Data roaming not working in Madrid despite having it set on phone and account, plenty of signal and have received phone calls. Europass also active.

17 REPLIES 17
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Data roaming not working in Madrid despite having it set on phone and accoun

Hello @gjones what phone do you have? Try restarting it and seeing if you can access this link over data (not WiFi). :):

http://add-on.ee.co.uk

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

Re: Data roaming not working in Madrid despite having it set on phone and accoun

Its a samsung galaxy S6.  I just get you are offline when I try and access the link

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @gjones

Welcome to community 🙂

I hope you are having a nice time in Madrid and it's lovely and sunny?

I'd strongly recommend having a look at our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad post and this will take you through all trouble shooting and ultimately what to do to try and get service activated.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

Hi Richard.  I've tried all of the suggestions there again.  I am on orange and tried not having 4g set.  I've tried movistar too but no difference.   I've logged into my account anc checked everything seems set there, and when I texted europass I got confirmation it was already set on the account.   I have roaming calls fine, just no data, although works fine with wifi, and mobile data set on phone.   Have used data roaming fine elsewhere in teh world too.

by
EE Employee

Hi @gjones

So I can try and help, please can I get you to try and access your data whilst in safe mode.

How to enter safe mode:

1. With the phone turned off, press the Power button for a few seconds.
  2. As soon as the screen lights up, release the power button and then hold the Volume Down button until the home screen appears.

Note: To exit safe mode, simply reboot the device normally.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

Hi Richard.  Its stil the same in Safe mode. Everything looks fine but no data.  All works if I am on wifi, but with wifi switched off.  I don't get any data.  Mobile data is definitely enabled on the phone.

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @gjones

The Europass is not available on Orange.

The Roaming pages shows two available daily bundles.

When you try and access data what error message are you seeing?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karen.  I just get a message saying that I am offline when I try and access the internet.  On the Europass page it says that its available in Spain.  Which networks can I use?

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @gjones

It's only available on certain EE plans.

There's only two daily bundles available on Orange: 

• 75MB for £3 - text EU50 to 1139 to add
  • 150MB for £5 - text EUD100 to 2088 to add

It sounds like your data roaming may be turned off though, check these settings on your phone:

Samsung Galaxy S6

1. Touch Apps.
  2. Touch Settings.
  3. Scroll to and touch Mobile networks.
  4. Touch Data roaming to change the setting (e.g., from off to on).
  5. Data roaming is now on. Touch Data roaming again to turn it off.

Hope this helps - let me know if this resolves it for you!

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

Hio Karen.  I am on an EE Business contract.   Imeant that I was connected to Orange network here in Spain.  Mobile data is switched on.  I've done the switching on and off and rebooting trick too to no avail

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @gjones just to check has roaming been enabled on your account? You can check by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>Manage device. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Morning @gjones

Sorry for the confusion there! Smiley Embarassed

Roaming definitely set up as you can make calls and texts OK....I would be really inclined to think it's a phone issue as you have the issue on both Orange and Movistar.

You've probably tried this - turning both data and data roaming off then back on?

Another quick question - are you part of a shared plan?

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

I am not part of a shared paln.  I've tried switching mobile data and roaming off and on in every combination, still no joy.  I get a message when I switch off data roaming say I've lost connectivity.   No errors on phone and wifi works.  Are there any checks on the phone to determine if its the phone at fault or a problem at EE server end rejecting the data roaming request?

by

Hi @gjones,

What icons show in the status bar of your phone? (at the top of the screen)

Do you see a 3G or 4G indicator?

Thanks

James

by gjones Contributor
Contributor

I don't have any data icons.   I just have the R for raoming above the signal strength bars

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @gjones Can you make calls and texts or just receive them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by

Thanks for getting back to me @gjones

I think we have now covered all the possibilities we can via the community.

It could well be an issue with the local networks you are connecting to.

To look into this further, please get in touch with customer services so our technical team can run through some diagnostics with you.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.