by mwalpole Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Data roaming FUP

Hi all

I have a query. I upgraded my MAX plan after the new roaming plans were introduced as I travel to the States and Canada (roaming worked great in Canada by the way and I was happy to use the phone as I would at home without worrying about the bill!)

The query I have though is after the upgrade there was a note on my account about a Fair Use Policy and only being able to use 15GB of my allowance abroad.

This morning I have looked at my account and that notation is no longer there. What I see now is:

You get our very best with your 4GEE Max SIM Plan: unlimited calls, text and 25GB of our fastest speed data to use in the UK, EU and ten other countries. You also get live sporting action on your phone with the BT Sport app.

So, does this mean I am now able to use my full 25GB when I travel? And if I upgraded my allowance to say 40GB would I be able to use the full 40GB in EU and ten other countries?

14 REPLIES 14
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Data roaming FUP

Hello @mwalpole

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

As far as I can see, there is still a 15GB fair use limit in place, which is under point 8 on page 10 of your price plan guide here.

However, the wording is ambiguous. I would read that and think I have 25GB data to use in the U.K., in Europe and in the 5 additional countries.

Established Contributor

Thanks @Inyourbox but why has the notation been removed from my account? It still shows the 15GB limit for the other two numbers on my account which are on the original MAX plan.

in fact it did show for my number immediately after the upgrade but has since been removed.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you for the reply @mwalpoleSmiley Happy

I personally believe the reason the notation was on your account was because you had only just upgraded from your old Max Plan to your new Max Plan and your online account had not refreshed until recently which refreshed your plans details and description.

Another EE star (@Profile closed) had a similar experience. When he first upgraded, his online account wasn't showing the details of his new Max Plan until his allowances had refreshed on his billing date.

Established Contributor

Thanks @Inyourbox but the notation was there against EU roaming and five other countries (or something to that effect - wish I had made a note of it now). It was after it changed and I looked at it as I spent a lot of time on the phone with EE after the upgrade.

The other numbers will upgrade from the old plan on 27th (my billing period) and currently have the notation:

You get it all with your 4GEE Max 12 month SIM Plan: unlimited UK and EU texts and calls, access to the BT Sport app and 30GB of our fastest data - 15GB of which you can use anywhere in the EU.

So it will be interesting to see if the notation is removed from those numbers too once the upgrade as gone through.

Out of interest are you on this latest plan and, if so, what does your account say?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

My plan still hasn't fully refreshed here yet even though I upgraded 2 weeks ago now.

EE billing is very slow now though.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mwalpole,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

The 15GB fair usage policy will apply to your Max SIM plan.

Thanks for your question. Smiley Happy

James

Established Contributor

Thanks @James_B but why did they remove the notation from my plan summary?

by
EE Employee

Hi @mwalpole

I am looking into this now for yourself.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Thanks @Lee_H

As I said above, in the 'My EE' section of the web site the plan summary for my number (on the new max package) shows:

You get our very best with your 4GEE Max SIM Plan: unlimited calls, text and 25GB of our fastest speed data to use in the UK, EU and ten other countries. You also get live sporting action on your phone with the BT Sport app.

While the plan summary for the other two numbers (on same account but old max package until Saturday) shows:

You get it all with your 4GEE Max 12 month SIM Plan: unlimited UK and EU texts and calls, access to the BT Sport app and 30GB of our fastest data - 15GB of which you can use anywhere in the EU.

It clearly states that only the older package has the 15GB FUP and the newer package does not. If this is incorrect the wording should in all honesty be changed for the newer max plan to reflect the policy (as I'm sure it was a week ago).

by
EE Employee

I have passed this information over @mwalpole

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Good morning @Lee_H

Did you get any feedback on this please? Over the weekend the other two numbers on my account upgraded to the new max plan and now they too have had the notation of a 15GB roaming limit removed from the plan description.

by

Good morning @mwalpole

Thanks for taking the time to post again in community 🙂

I believe @Lee_H is back in the office tomorrow and I will see if he has any further information for you.

Thank you

Richard

🙂 

Established Contributor

Good morning @Lee_H

is there any response to your query over my question please?

by

Hi @mwalpole

We are chasing this for you and as soon as we have an update, then we will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.